PDA

View Full Version : Failed Fostering

misty
3rd December 2006, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm delighted to say we have yet another addition to our Cavalier family.

We've adopted Kevin from NESSR. :)

He's a 9 year old tri-colour, who's 94 year old owner died last week. He's pretty devastated and confused, but he's all cosy snuggled up in his bed.

Off to the vets tomorrow for a check-up. Wish us luck. A 9 y/o Cav without a heart murmur would be a miracle.

Lani
3rd December 2006, 09:46 PM
Oooh, good Luck Tomorrow!! :xfngr:

I hope it goes well and thank you for giving Kevin a new loving home. :flwr:

judy
3rd December 2006, 09:56 PM
thank goodness he has you--what an ordeal for him to lose his former owner. :( you will get him through it and he will know much happiness. Good luck at the vet, hoping for the best. PHOTOS!!!

Welcome KEVIN!! :flwr:

Lindsay
3rd December 2006, 10:07 PM
Congratulations! I am so glad that this little guy has found a good home. :flwr:

matties mum
3rd December 2006, 10:18 PM
:jump: icon_welcome :w*w: WelHome to Kevin----Aileen

Cathy T
3rd December 2006, 10:27 PM
Glad you failed! :D I'm so glad this boy now has a home. I can imagine how confused the poor thing is. Wonderful!

Justine
3rd December 2006, 10:48 PM
brilliant

molly
3rd December 2006, 10:54 PM
How wonderful for you all!

Cathy Moon
4th December 2006, 02:30 AM
Congratulations on your new addition to the family! Kevin is a lucky boy to have you for his mum! :lotsaluv:

selina
4th December 2006, 06:22 AM
Congratulations thats fantastic. Kevin will surly be well loved and spoiled.

lily
4th December 2006, 08:13 AM
oh fran i'm soooo pleased for you. hope one day i can do my bit for the poor needy cav's... i will see how i cope with lily & consider it in years to come... her personality is shining through & her obedience is coming along nicely... good luck with kevin (luv the name) ..... :flwr:

Claire
4th December 2006, 01:40 PM
Thank you Fran for being a great person - Kevin, welcome to a great home and some nice brothers.... :D

Barbara Nixon
4th December 2006, 03:19 PM
Aw.. can't you squeeze his brother in, too ? he's only little.

misty
4th December 2006, 07:38 PM

he squashes Topsy unfortunately ....

Randall's 95% sorted too I think, if all works out he's going to a lady I met at Berwick, who only lives down the road and has turned into a lovely friend of mine :)

Nicki
4th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Just spoken to Alison and she said to say Congratulations :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

misty
4th December 2006, 11:34 PM
Just spoken to Alison and she said to say Congratulations :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

awww .... say thanks to Alison when you next speak.

Kevin got on well at the vets - just a grade 3 murmur, I was expecting a higher grade for a 9 year old. Touch of arthritis and some muscle wastage, due to lack of exercise. Ears good, eyes good, anal glands fine, heart rate normal. All in all, a good check-up.

:)

matties mum
4th December 2006, 11:43 PM

he squashes Topsy unfortunately ....

Randall's 95% sorted too I think, if all works out he's going to a lady I met at Berwick, who only lives down the road and has turned into a lovely friend of mine :)
So happy for his brother
How is Alison hope everthing went alright ---Aileen