• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

**DOG TAGS**What info should I put on it?

*Pauline*

I've heard it's a bad idea to put the name of your dog on a dog tag and good to put that he/she has been neutered. Any advice?
:flwr:

I've not put Murphy's name on his.
It's got my name, address and phone number on it. I too had been told not to put his name on it in case someone tried to make off with him. And of course he's chipped too. :D

ooh I can't wait to get Kosmo's tag in .!!

It looks like this:

Kosmo
Microchipped
VetIns#: VI09**9
(999)999-9999

I can't wait!! :)

I put his insurance info on there just in case we're out and he needs a vet asap and there's an emergency. I also want people to know if they want to take him they're going to have to worry about his chip. (PG that doesn't happen.)

Good luck! :flwr:

I'm not so sure I agree with the whole no name on the tag deal. I have Chester's name, my name, address and cell phone number on his tag. I put my cell phone number on it rather than my home number because I can have it with me wherever I am.

I also ordered new tags for the boys and put the following info on them

Dudley
My Address
City, Province
Phone # Cell #
Microchipped.

In the UK it is a legal requirement to put YOUR name and address on the tag.

It's also sensible to put contact numbers.

if possible put that they are neutered and chipped {you can get separate special tags to show this}

I would advise against putting the dog's name on the tag - if someone is trying to take them, and they can read the name, it makes it easier for them to call them away. Also if there is then a dispute over ownership, and you have to prove ownership, if you call the dog by its name and it comes running to you that is very helpful.

Niki, where can i get the special tag to say he is neutered and chipped? He won't be neutered yet though. :flwr:

I saw some nice dog tags on here when I first joined but I can't find the thread now. They were tan coloured with black writing, very clear to read. Anyone remember?

Nicki said:
In the UK it is a legal requirement to put YOUR name and address on the tag.

It's also sensible to put contact numbers.

if possible put that they are neutered and chipped {you can get separate special tags to show this}

I would advise against putting the dog's name on the tag - if someone is trying to take them, and they can read the name, it makes it easier for them to call them away. Also if there is then a dispute over ownership, and you have to prove ownership, if you call the dog by its name and it comes running to you that is very helpful.

Exactly what I was going to say - in the UK the dog tag has to have your name and address or it is illegal.

Some people put that their pet has been chipped or neutered to put off dog thieves.

Bella's tag has my name, addy and telephone number and that's it.

On the tags that I carry you get 5 -6 lines of text. Most people put :
Dogs Name
Address
Home ph
Cell Phone
Microchipped

But you can put ANYTHING !

I dont see a problem putting the dogs name on the tag.

For the same reasons as Nicki gives, i would advise against adding a pet's name to its tag. You can print your own tags at Pets at Home or any engraving shop will do them for you. The latter are usually combined with a replacement key service.

When I get new ones will not use their name just my surname and add on they are spayed, but at the moment I have double sided, for example:

Busta Price
01737 XXXXX
My post code
Chipped

and then on the other side

Vets

Pauline don't put the chip no whatever you do. If someone stole the pup they'd have the chip no and could claim him as their own!

I have on mine

Surname
Telephone Number

I AM IDENTICHIPPED

I was told this was fine by both my Vet and the local police as it has your info plus the fact that the babies are chipped and so telling any finders or police/vet/dogwarden to scan your pet.

bet you can't wait until tomorrow?????

Thanks Donna, can't believe I didn't think of that.

How far are you from Essex? Wouldn't it be nice to do a Cavalier walk or something? I don't drive though. :flwr:

I have the following:

NAME
CITY, STATE
CELL NUMBER 1
CELL NUMBER 2

We could only fit 4 lines on it. And I didn't put address cause we move too often and I'd have to be buying new tags all the time! :sl*p:

Gee, I have his name on it, and my phone number. I guess I never thought of it that way, but he is such a freindly dog he'd come to any ol' name if someone called him.

I was advised not to put my address on the tag, just because it is a waste of space. If someone finds your dog, they will most likely call you.

Hi

I use to have Harveys name on his tag, but now i have a tag saying I've Been Chipped (which i got from Charlie and Ben on the internet) and on the other side i have my house number and my postcode along with my mobile number.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Back