• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Colitis Upset - AGAIN - UPDATED

duncans_ma

Arthur is sick again....any ideas?

I am not thrilled about putting him on another round of antibiotics and clearly know that I have to switch to sensitive stomach food for the foreseeable future but does anyone have any other tips?

Poor Arthur..... I'm sorry Ashley I have no advice for you as I have not experienced colitis with either of mine. Hope he is better soon ;)

Maxx used to get colitis all the time when he was younger. I used to give him Tagamet from the Vets and also feed him on boiled chicken and brown rice, small portions but more often than regular mealtimes.

Hope he's soon better Ashley, it's such a worry when they are poorly :(

bad tummy

when our lab.got bad tummy which was alot.little and often and carbs.pasta,rice and a small amount of chicken.plenty of room temp.water.just build up to his normal food slowly.

Mia has had off/on colitis since I brought her home. I've had her on Natures Variety raw venison/fish oil/probiotics for the last month and she's done better on it than anything I've given her. Perfect poop and not much of it and no colitis since I started her on the raw. I'm beginning to think that kibble was just to hard for her system to digest, at least right now. Her coat looks great and she inhales the food. I just started her on it "cold turkey" and there was no problem at all.

I hope Arthur feels better soon!

:updte:

I think we turned a corner last night on this round of trouble. He was able to let us know he needed to go out and make it to the yard for the first time around 3 AM.

I have been battling my husband on changing foods for the pups from what the vet reccommended because Duncan has been a picture of health. After this he finally began to read the literature that I gave him and we went in search of a new food last night to begin the switch ot a higher quality dog food. (YEA!!!) We have settled on Blue Buffalo as it is found locally and looks to be a good holistic, natural diet compared to the the "complete and balanced" crap we were feeding them.

I am thrilled that in a few weeks time Duncan will be switched over and I hope that Arthur takes to it when he gets through his prescription food. I did see Blue Buffalo on the WDJ list...has anyone else used this?

Back