oldmatebri
4th December 2006, 10:36 PM
Here's my dog.

He's great!

http://static.flickr.com/119/314357434_a04ed81224.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/108/314374968_3d54105d61.jpg

Joanne M
4th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Yes he is great :) Very handsome and stately looking. Mine is still into mischief.

Lisa_T
5th December 2006, 12:07 AM
I think this is a first!!! I don't remember seeing any other pics of oldie B/Ts. Keep 'em coming- there's a small but devoted following of wholecolours here, and we're slowly converting everyone else :lol: :lol: :lol:

Karlin
5th December 2006, 12:33 AM
Now that's a real gentleman cavalier! :)

molly
5th December 2006, 03:18 AM
Awww, he is a real sweet heart! I love his face.

Cathy T
5th December 2006, 03:45 AM
12 years old??!! Wow...he is a handsome guy!

Lindsay
5th December 2006, 03:50 AM
He looks so regal and wise! :flwr:

Darby's Mom
5th December 2006, 07:25 AM
Max is absolutely STUNNING! Such a masculine head, and so full of wisdom! I LOVE HIM!!! :flwr:

oldmatebri
5th December 2006, 09:15 AM
Many thanks for all the comments.

He is indeed very wise and very special.

This guy walks off the lead 100% of the time and never runs off. Could be that being glanced by a speeding car as a puppy taught him road sense the hard way. He was very lucky.

He knows how to win treats, get a walk and attract attention.

I've had a cavalier before as teenager and that dog was amazing but Max is part human. I'm sure.

On his first night with us aged 12 weeks my wife was working nights - Chris is a nurse - he was yelping down in the kitchen so I let him sleep snuggled up to me on the bed. He slept all night and didn't pee!

The start of a wonderful friendship.

And there's 12 years worth of tales to tell - believe me!

At about 5 years old he had an uknown illness - falling over, in and out of consciousness - I was asked if I wanted him pts. Max was laid out just slightly wagging his tail as we looked at him...

I suggested taking him to Liverpool University Vet School. The vet rang and I whizzed him in. He was there for three weeks and came out fine.
The vet at that time, a Canadian guy, always commented that Max tries so hard to please. They still don't know what was wrong with him!

They call him an enigma!

Cheers
Brian

merlinsmum
5th December 2006, 01:10 PM
What a special boy you have... What a clever boy you are Max ;)

Nicki
5th December 2006, 08:33 PM
Oh Max is just wonderful, that's one of the oldest B&Ts I've heard of, and he looks amazing for his age...

I look forward to hearing more about him...is he keeping well?

Claire L
6th December 2006, 12:48 AM
Max! you are one beautiful boy :l*v: AND not a grey hair in sight!!!

Look forward to hearing LOTS of stories about this young fella :lol:

:flwr:

Vickie
6th December 2006, 09:38 AM
:lotsaluv: I LOVE Black and Tans :lotsaluv:

you have a very gorgeous old gentleman there :flwr:

LauraD
6th December 2006, 02:56 PM
Oh he's gorgeous! Such a regal looking gentleman. I love how he looks so knowing and yes, it seems almost human. :) I bet you have wonderful stories of your 12 years together. To have that many together is just amazing given the health problems of this breed. Thank you for sharing his pictures with us.

ppotterfield
7th December 2006, 01:23 AM
How lucky you are to have had him for this long and to still be able to take walks and enjoy each others company. I have had the pleasure of having my first two dogs live to 16 (an American cocker spaniel) and 14 years (an English cocker spaniel). There is something special about those last few years that you will always cherish. I hope I am so lucky with my present two who are only 22 and 28 months.

Maxxs_Mummy
7th December 2006, 10:38 PM
Max is absolutely gorgeous - more pics please :flwr:

I just adore B&T's and to have such an elderly, regal gentleman now amongst us is wonderful :D

OhMarley
8th December 2006, 04:55 AM
I love older cav's they are just so beautiful and dignified, he's gorgeous