PDA

View Full Version : Rats Tail ?

Justine
4th December 2006, 11:01 PM
When does their tails go all fluffy ? Alfie tail is on par to a rats .P.S.dont tell my daughter .

Roxanne
4th December 2006, 11:28 PM
Colby's started to Unfurl when he was about 4 months old ?? Its been fully fluffy since about 6 months ;)

merlinsmum
6th December 2006, 08:23 PM
Oakley's hs just started to unfurl this week, its starting to look like a tail :D

ppotterfield
7th December 2006, 01:57 PM
We got our Buddy at six months and it was not a rat's tail but was not particularly full. It probably took until he was a year old to look like a true Cavelier tail. Still does not have the best tail going and I have to brush it out three or four times a week for the feathers to look good. He is our sweetie nonetheless. :D

moniechris
7th December 2006, 02:59 PM
Wesley has the most gorgeous fan tail...but it didn't come in until about 8 months for it to really loosen up and hang down. Cody still has the rat tail at 5 months, but his little fringe on his front legs is coming in nicely. It looks really funny because it sticks straight out and it is all the same length. It looks like he has a mohawk running down the back of his legs. :lol:

Justine
7th December 2006, 11:05 PM
Alfie is about 7 months now so hopefully it will un curl within the next 3 months cant wait.Hpoefully i didnt upset anyone with the nick name,although my 6 yr old doesnt find it funny.

Claire
8th December 2006, 02:44 PM
Woody has a lovely tail and nice back leg feathering, thats it though, no long ears, chest of feathering on his front - we are hoping he is a late developer - Ozzy has more than him.. :yikes

Coco's mom
8th December 2006, 05:38 PM
I thought the little "rat's tail" was so cute on Coco! or any cav puppy for that matter! When I first saw her at the breeder's, it was soooo short!

I like her tail now too though since it has started to unfurl, although I'm sure it has a long way to go!

Cicero's Mummy
8th December 2006, 06:06 PM
You know, it was the Cavalier's tail that first attracted me to the breed over the Cocker Spaniel... I think the little nubbin' tails look funny....

My first experience with a Cavalier was around some other Spaniels and when I saw the Cavie's tail first... it was just history from there! I fell in love with the breed!! So prettty!

Justine
12th December 2006, 08:58 PM
I agree,well said.

Maminou
13th December 2006, 08:39 AM
It's no age, it depends of the origins (lineage). Don't worry the hair will grow.
My Wendy (english cavalier - from Walles) remained for months very "ugly". She had later a lot of hair, and not only on the tail :lol:
Just wait ;)

tuna
13th December 2006, 09:06 AM
wow, that long... *waiting impatiently*