• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oakley - 16 weeks - 12 lbs AKA Augustus Gloop

merlinsmum

Some new pics for you
315136123_dfb6d93d9b.jpg

315136120_3fce9358f3.jpg

315132658_53f126db68.jpg

LOLOL! Have his wee legs started growing yet? Amber is nearly the same height as Holly (admittedly, not hard) but she's a leggy, skinny thing with a delicate little head. She's a honey- she seems to have suddenly developed the Cavalier temperament, and wants to do nothing but cuddle. That might have something to do with the fact though that she's realised that Holly doesn't want her around ALL the time :D Does Merlin ever snap at Oakley?

Lisa_T said:
LOLOL! Have his wee legs started growing yet? Amber is nearly the same height as Holly (admittedly, not hard) but she's a leggy, skinny thing with a delicate little head. She's a honey- she seems to have suddenly developed the Cavalier temperament, and wants to do nothing but cuddle. That might have something to do with the fact though that she's realised that Holly doesn't want her around ALL the time :D Does Merlin ever snap at Oakley?

Oakley has not progressed to the gangly leggy stage yet although he is 12 lbs - he's not fat but I think he has got quite heavy bones - heavier than Merlin as his feet look huge! Oaks has now started to realise that cuddles are quite nice - especially from Grandma. In the morning they both race to her to see who can get on her knee first! :lol:

To be honest I would have thought that Merlin would have snapped at Oakley by now from what he has to put up with; ear, leg, face, back...anywhere really biting, ear swinging etc. But no, he's been a little sweetie pie except if of course if Merlin has a chewy stick and Merlin wants it to himself but I have only had to tell him off once or twice for mumbling but then I have made him share the chewy stick with Oakley, and then praised him excessively for sharing.

I have found that teaching "share" has made Merlin give up stones, knickers, socks and pegs a lot easier :D

Aww, the first shot of Oakley is a little Augustus Gloop-ish :lol: But he looks so happy with his chewey stick. You never know how Oakley will turn out. I thought Riley was gonna be huge when at 10 1/2 weeks he was already 8 pounds! But he's almost a year old now and has been at 17 pounds for the last 2 months.
Well whatever size Oakley ends up being, he's adorable and apparently turning into a love bug. Isn't that just great? :D

merlinsmum said:
I have found that teaching "share" has made Merlin give up stones, knickers, socks and pegs a lot easier :D

:lol: Glad to know that someone else has a peg stealer!! Oscar loves to parade around with the like they're his 'treasure' - he looks so proud to have something he knows isn't his!

:oops: did also mean to say that Oakley is growing into such a gorgeous little love bug too :lotsaluv:

lol!! Don't you just love it when they bring their gross, stinky bully sticks and hooves on your lap (or on the furniture, or my pillow!!!!! :yuk: ). EWWW!!!

It must taste better in your lap...Oakley is so darn cute!!

.......and what, may I ask, is a PEG?! It's not a term I'm familiar with! :lol:

Oakley is such a sweetie-pie, and I didn't realize he is so close in age to Clancy, who is 17wks old.

BarbMazz said:
.......and what, may I ask, is a PEG?! It's not a term I'm familiar with! :lol: quote]

:lol: a clothes peg - that you hang you laundry on the washing line with :lol: I love that we get to learn so many things about life in other parts of the world on the forum :) what do you call them on your side of the pond??

Lol, I was curious too, but too embarassed to ask.

If I hung out my laundry to dry it would get stolen... no lie!! I hate Columbus!

I guess I don't use pegs, but if I did, they would be clothes pins... we have the type with the springy things that look like alligators (or at least that is what my mom uses to dry the mickey mouse ears [what my dad calls the bras] in the laundry room). The "peg-like" ones I've seen here are usually at the craft store.

I love learning about the different slang... it is so fun!

My bil came home from a mission in Albania this past Thanksgiving and was stunned everytime someone got "road rage" and yelled out "You stupid car!" I guess car is a cuss word in albania. He also shakes his head no for yes... that gets funny and confusing!

Funny huh!

Kirsty, these pics (and the Christmas ones) of Oakley make me want to get a Ruby next. He looks so happy and carefree. He's precious! :l*v:

Vickie said:
BarbMazz said:
.......and what, may I ask, is a PEG?! It's not a term I'm familiar with! :lol: quote]

:lol: a clothes peg - that you hang you laundry on the washing line with :lol: I love that we get to learn so many things about life in other parts of the world on the forum :) what do you call them on your side of the pond??

I think it's already been answered, but we call them "clothes pins". I like pegs much better!! Thanks for filling me in. It definitely IS fun to learn the different phrases and words for things in other parts of the world. It's one of my favorite parts of this forum.

MathisGreen said:
Barbmazz- I love how furry your little one is getting!

Oh, me TOO! :wggle: :l*v: :l*v: His little "grinch feet" are starting up... one of my favorite things about a Cavalier's looks!

Thanks!

OK. How DO you teach 'share'?

Mine think 'share' means yanking hard at opposite ends of the same toy. Sometimes Holly just stands there placidly while Amber mumbles and squeals and growls trying to pull whatever it is away from her. Other times she'll growl and snap at Amber for trying to steal.

That pup is A Thief! *still reeling from the miso stealing the other night*

Back