• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What do you use to brush your dog?

i use this one
click

i mostly use the soft bristle brush.

on my own hair i use boar bristles. I wonder if those are supposed to be better for dogs' hair too.

Hi there Laura,
I also use the Mason Pearson pure boar bristle brush on Coco. I always used one on myself, so then I bought another smaller one for Coco! (we don't share ;) )

I use Chris Christensen's slicker brush and pin brush. And I use the Original Greyhound comb.

I don't use the pin brush much yet because she has a short coat. The others are very useful.

:flwr:

:shock: could someone tell me exactly which Mason Pearson brush you use for your furbabies and how much it cost?...... I just looked on the web page and I saw brushes priced at nearly a HUNDRED DOLLARS :yikes

What's so special about them?

:flwr:

Hi Claire,
For the cavs, it's the pocket sized pure boar bristle brush. They also make them in different sizes and in nylon.

It massages the scalp and spreads the natural oils through the hair. It makes such a difference. For our pups, it seems to do the same thing. It really makes Coco's fur shinier.

My father in law bought mine at Crufts last year and it was £48 sterling. He thought I was mad :lol:

We bought our Mason Pearson when we were in the UK last September. We bought it at a chemist for about £24 sterling. It is the 'small' size brush, but not the pocket size. We've seen the same brush at dog shows in the US for $85.

The brush was recommended to us by some Cavalier breeders we were talking to at an AKC dog show.

Cathy Moon said:
We bought our Mason Pearson when we were in the UK last September. We bought it at a chemist for about £24 sterling. It is the 'small' size brush, but not the pocket size. We've seen the same brush at dog shows in the US for $85.

The brush was recommended to us by some Cavalier breeders we were talking to at an AKC dog show.

you paid how much?!

:yikes blimey!!!!

Holy crap! I want a nice brush for Wesley, but I seriously couldn't see myself paying over $20 for one. Let alone over $100! YIKES!

:lol: :lol: I definitely paid more for the doggie's brush then my own! I also have a mason pearson and just love it. I figure it will last the life of the dogs. So, let's see, Jake will live to be 15 and Shelby the same...so it will cost me $2.84 per year per dog :D I bought mine at a dog show.

:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

That is soooo expensive...!!!!

I bought one yesterday. Is a shining brush and removes lost hair too!!
(only 7 euros) icon_whistling is fantastic !!!! (is called KARLIES)

I have too a Kong's ZOOM BROOM (for lost hair), this one is a must have! (6 euros)

and I use a comb for the ears and the legs!

Back