• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy & Tummy Issues~ Natural Balance success story~

Maxwell&me

Greetings All,

Our new little guy Hogan has had Tummy Trouble since we got him, I had him on every "firming" Item that my vet reccomended....to the tune of about $400.00 in two months. I swear there were days I would call my breeder and cry becouse just when we thought we had turned the corner with him he would start again. Its so difficult to potty train when they have tummy troubles, and poor little hogan just felt so horrible every time he had an accident~Not to mention is totally comsumed our day to day conversations here in the house...between Husband, Children and myself our nightly dinner conversation was less than apealing..... I came to this wonderful board and started reading all of your posts about this very issue....you all really are a god send.

I started Hogan on the Natural Balance Venison & Brown rice formula 7 days ago...not one tummy trouble since. Prior I was feeding Wellness Puppy and obviously it wasnt working for him . Im not sure what exactly he had a sensitivity to but it was something that didnt agree with him. I did switch him over commando style becouse at that point I felt it couldnt get any worse..I cant rave about this food enough, as its solved our problems.

Please keep in mind, that this has been what has worked for us, all Cavaliers are different ...but sharing sucess storys and giving information as to ones personal experience it what makes this board such a wonderful place.

Thanks to all of you that shared what has worked for you~ Its made our life so much more pleasent...and Hogan is much happier.

Oh, that's wonderful you found a food that agrees with him! Thanks for sharing, it's bound to help someone else's puppy. :flwr:

Great news! Sounds like a sensitivity to the more common protein sources. I've heard venison or something like fish will often be the solution. Thanks for the update as this is really useful to know.

I think you just have to try all different foods, we were the same for Woody, chicken and rice, chappie, hills, it was only because the reception ordered something wrong which were large dog biscuits that we tried the Royal Canin - food meal and first hard poo - I phoned up the vets and yelled down the phone he has a hard poo, thank god they know me there...

Back