• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Free Feeding Switch Over....Maxwells story

Maxwell&me

Greetings All,
Maxwell was free fed from the time he was a puppy. We would measure the daily amount, and hes would graze during the day whenever he wanted. When we decided to add a second Cavalier to our home, we knew that free feeding maxwell wouldnt work any more as I wanted to make sure each Cav was getting what he needed and wanted to keep them seperate during meal time to avoid any food agression problems. Not to mention that Max Does have Lux Pat and he was carring a few extra pounds from all the treats and free feeding, and I wanted to make his legs as comfortable as possible.

I started the day the Puppy came home, Maxwell realised after the second day that if he didnt eat when offered his food he wasnt going to get it again untill the next meal time. I really havnt had any problems, and Max has done wonderfully since the change. Hes dropped a few pounds....has gained far more energy and he is now not expecting as many treats....We kinda over did the treat thing here and Im painfully aware how the "little extra snacks" that seemed so harmless could have really effected the progression of his Lux Pat.

Back