• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

walks...

lily

does it confuse pups to much if you alternate the walk times???? hard when me & OH work shifts...

also on a morning she has her walk then her meal.. should we be feeding her before or after her walks? she has 3 meals a day... instinct says after each meal but wont she walk further on an empty stomach?
:?
thanks

You don't want to overwalk puppies. They don't really need much walking at all (10-15 minutes max a day); they get plenty of exercise playing and overwalking can damage bone growth and joints.

It doesn't really matter when you walk. I walk mine in the morning and they get their daily meal afterwards.

It's good to vary walk times. Othwerise they can get very upset when they don't get the walk at the same time each day which can be a nuisance.

I would walk her after she eats, simply because she is more likely to potty afterwards. It will get her tummy going to digest the food and make a bowl movement. I would do it simply because it will help with potty training.

Back