PDA

View Full Version : Kylas Cavalier Rescue Australia

kyla_QLD_cavalier_rescue
7th December 2006, 12:21 AM
Morning all!

I thought, If anyone was interested that id do a few postes every now and then with pics of what goes on with my Cav rescue in my little corner of the blobe.

Coming upto Xmas I am rushed off my feet, and currently have 6 Adult foster dogs and a litter of wee bubs in foster care with me.

My two other foster people that work for me each have a few oldies as well in care.

My litter of bubs have been a nightmare from the very start. Their mum had 9 of them by C section, we lost one. She developed mastitis and was not at all accepting of the babies, and unfortunately, killed a second whilst at the vets.

I then decided to take the bubS from her, and have been left tube feeding the other seven since *sigh*

Poor little girl came from a puppy farmer with a broken leg. After I had her vet checked for the leg, he told me she was pregnant. I couldnt believe it,she is only 7 months so no doubt her first season.

Its thought that her leg could have been broken for upto a month before she was given to me after a crate fell ontop of her. *SHUDDER*

Anyhow, i wont rammble on too much untill I know there are a few interested people who might like to see and hear about what I get upto with rescue lol

Big love
Kyla and the fur kids

Cathy T
7th December 2006, 03:04 AM
Pregnant at only 7 months old?! That is so sad. Bless you for taking care of those babies.

selina
7th December 2006, 11:40 AM
I am very interested. Do you adopt out interstate? That is such a shame about the bitch not accepting the pups. My hats off to you and all the work that you are doing.

moniechris
7th December 2006, 02:38 PM
That is so hard to deal with...It breaks my heart how these beautiful creatures are treated. But thank goodness there are people like you out there to undo the wrong doings of others.

9 puppies at 7 months!!! Holy cow!! Tube feeding is NO fun so I feel your pain...especially when there are seven of them. I hope you have some support and people to help you...

Keep up your amazing work and I can't wait to hear more updates!! Keep us posted!

kyla_QLD_cavalier_rescue
7th December 2006, 09:45 PM
It is really sad what this little mite has been through, but I tell myself several times everyday that I dont need to feel sorry for them anymore, as that part of their life (I refer to it as their past life) is now over, and it will never be repeated.

When I first started doing rescue, I fell into the trap of forever feeling upset for them, and quite often, just the site of them would make me howl. Over the years, I have learnt, that doesnt work. It brings more confusion and upset to the poor little dogs and just hinders mine and their progress.

The little girl who mothered the pups is off to her new home this weekend. She has been renamed 'Trudy' by her new family, and has another cav to play with. Of course, she was 'fixed up' whilst under GA for her Caeser, so this little girl will certainly not have more puppies.

The babies are doing well, but its a struggle with seven of them. Sometimes I feel that as soon as I get through the seven of them, have them weighed, fed, toileted and cleaned then weighed again, Im simply back to number one again :roll:

Thankfully though, three of them are off tube feeds now and are doing really well and progressing nicely.

Selina there is a Cavalier rescue scheme in Victoria, it runs through the breed club. I will PM you some details. Unfortunately, I dont believe they are terribly active though. More then likely due to lack of resources and participation from willing people.

Well, its brekkie time here for the poochies so Id best get them all fed. I can already hear one of them stomping impatiently and scratching the fridge door. :badgrin:

Love that there are people interested in my rescue stories, I certainly have a few of them :)

Big love
Kyla and the furkids

Maxxs_Mummy
7th December 2006, 10:34 PM
Oh yes very interested - please put up some pics in the galleries too :)

Glad I'm not the only one who scratches the fridge when he's hungry :lol: Maxx has a go at the fridge, the cupboards and the garage door as he knows that I hide his treats out there :lol:

Vickie
8th December 2006, 11:27 AM
Oh definately interested to hear about your work :flwr:

and pictures would be fab too :lotsaluv:

rorky
3rd November 2009, 12:10 PM
Great news that the little mother found a new home. You must certainly be busy with seven little ones. I have two of my own and the female has had two litters and that was enough. I love cavaliers and it is great to find an Australian site that I can browse.

Wagtails
4th November 2009, 08:56 AM
Yes, we are all interested to hear your stories on this Board, so please do carry on sending them in - photos would be lovely too.

One really great thing about Cavalier Talk is that we have members around the world, which really helps to broaden all our perspectives http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/CT%20polls%20etc/cavsroundtheworldclipart.gif

Well done on all your efforts to raise the little pups and good luck with all your valuable rescue work.

Every good wish, Marie-Anne