• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We are so glad to have found this site

Hello. I have been using this sight for the last couple of days in search of help for my black and tan Cavalier Emmy.
I have two Cavaliers I purchased from a breeder in Canada two years ago, Molly is a "returned" blenheim - absolutely the perfect girl
and
Emmy came to us as a "puppy" in the same crate with Molly. She is black and tan and quite majestic looking and has the most wonderful "wiggle" personality (her whole body just wiggles when she sees you) :flwr:
I also have a ten year old Bichon, Gus who is quite the gentleman and most lovable. The three of them are fast friends.
I bought our first Cavalier six years ago for my Mom who was dying of cancer - she said the only thing she really never had in her life that she wanted was a Cavalier - she spent a lot of time in England when she and my dad were first married - so I researched for weeks and had "Bailey" a blenheim Cavalier who was a cousin of our Molly flown from Cananda to be with Mom.

Bailey never got to be with her - time was not on our side.... but we were glad to have her in our family. We lost her two years later in a car accident and it took a year before I could even think of asking the breeder to allow us to have another one (not to mention a totally walled in yard and gated driveway to protect another one.) and then we decided to have two!!!!

I could talk about them all day long. They have added so much love to our home. I laugh I have replaced all of our children with a dog ( four children and about to be four dogs as our youngest has gone to college)
I have found a breeder closer than Canada who has agreed to allow us to have one of her puppies due shortly. I am opting for a red one I think

I have enjoyed the site and everyone has been extremely helpful with suggestions for Emmy
I look forward to talking to other Cavalier lovers and learning so much more about them than I know, especially how to take care of them the best I possibly can

Take Care
Judy

Welcome to the site! You must be thrilled to have a new addition to the family coming soon! Pictures of your lot would be greatly appreciated! :snap:

Judy, how is your girl doing, the one with the stomach problems? I was going to suggest small, light meals. Also, I had a dog in renal failure, instead of tums, I gave her calcium carbonate powder in her food, not so much for the acid but for phosphorus binding. I also gave 1/2 a pepsid prior to meals because dogs in renal failure do have acidic stomaches.

Back