PDA

View Full Version : Advice on getting a puppy used to wearing a collar?

Natalie
7th December 2006, 03:16 PM
Does anyone have any advice on getting a puppy used to wearing a collar i really want lady to wear one for id purposes only she will use a harness for walks. We tried to put in on her the other night we put it on loose so that i wasn't tight around her neck and she tried to bite it and got really stressed out so i took it off straight away. Any advice would be helpful thanks

duncans_ma
7th December 2006, 03:29 PM
I would just try and go a little longer and longer each day...she will come around but you have to work at it.

Julie J
7th December 2006, 05:16 PM
Jack hated his at first too. I just put it on for increasing amounts of time and now he wears it all the time with no problem.

Bruce H
7th December 2006, 06:15 PM
Just about all our dogs hated the collar when they were pups. Once they got used to the collar, then they hated the lead. It just takes a little time and patience; just do what Julie J and duncans ma said.

Justine
9th December 2006, 09:41 PM
when we first got alfie all collars seemed to big,so i found that why they are little Cat collars are great,they are shorter in length and much lighter,alfie had a black one with bell,which is handy for a while because they are so tiny.You can hear where they are.