• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Advice on getting a puppy used to wearing a collar?

Natalie

Does anyone have any advice on getting a puppy used to wearing a collar i really want lady to wear one for id purposes only she will use a harness for walks. We tried to put in on her the other night we put it on loose so that i wasn't tight around her neck and she tried to bite it and got really stressed out so i took it off straight away. Any advice would be helpful thanks

I would just try and go a little longer and longer each day...she will come around but you have to work at it.

Jack hated his at first too. I just put it on for increasing amounts of time and now he wears it all the time with no problem.

Just about all our dogs hated the collar when they were pups. Once they got used to the collar, then they hated the lead. It just takes a little time and patience; just do what Julie J and duncans ma said.

Collars

when we first got alfie all collars seemed to big,so i found that why they are little Cat collars are great,they are shorter in length and much lighter,alfie had a black one with bell,which is handy for a while because they are so tiny.You can hear where they are.

Back