• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Montreal, Quebec, Canada!!

Karoube

My name is Nancy. I'm the proud mother of 2 young children: Hanae, 4yo and Galaad, 8months old....and mother to lots of furry children! we are own by 9 cats, 17 domestic rats and one lovebird! I was doing feline rescue in the past...and you guess it, I'm doing rats rescue right now! icon_whistling :lol:

My husband is dying for a dog since we are together (6years now!) and as I'm more a feline woman, I didnt know...but we have foster 2 dogs in the last years and now, we are ready for our own dog! we have chose our breed...and finally the puppy will not join us before a long time! I want a cavalier puppy, a female, black and tan and with the best temperament (the same as her parents would be just perfect!!!!)...and there is only 3 cavalier breeders in our province...and I only like one! and she will have her next litter..only in 3 years! because she have new dogs, import from Europe, and they needs to grow up...right now, they are the same age as my son! :lol: so they will grow up together! but I believe it deserve to wait..she's everything we are waiting for as a breeder and I'm in love with her puppies! of course, everything still depend of the health test as they will only be test when they will be 2 yo 1/2, but we are pretty confident as they come from a very healthy line.

I hope I will learn a lot about this wonderful breed on this forum!
regards,

Nancy

sorry for the English mistakes...I only use English over the web, I speak French!

Hello !
Your children have beautifull names ;)
I have a canadian lady on my forum who tell methan there is few ckcs breeders in Québec. But a lot of puppy mils and a lot of "bad sellers".
Maybe it must be better to wait and have a beautiful puppy in good health.

Hi Nancy,

Would you be able to get a cavalier from the USA? I've been to Montreal by auto. It was not a bad drive. A beautiful city.

Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts would be close to you.

Here is the link for the American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club.

http://www.ackcsc.org/

I am not affiliated with them in anyway. When I began looking for a cavalier breeder, it is where I started.

Good luck in your quest. Your husband will love that cavaliers are wonderfully affectionate, good temperment, and are quite a sporting dog too. They love to run, play, fetch, etc..... but I'd be careful of the rats around one.

Bienvenue/Welcome to the site.

Our problem is that we dont have a car! no need for it as we live in the city, but when times comes for long way transport, it's more difficult for us... that's why we chose to wait for this breeder. But that's not a problem for us.

About the rats, we dont worry..first, we will not have as many when we will have the puppy and when I was still living with my parents, we had cocker spaniel dogs and rats, guiney pigs, rabbits, hamsters..and no problem at all! the dogs were making a big difference beetween the wild animals they play chasing outside and the pets they used to grow up with. Of course, it allways need close supervision anyway... I would never let a rat free roam with any dog or cat around!

thanks!

Nancy

icon_welcome Nancy - it sounds like you have already done some very good homework to find a healthy cavalier from a reputable breeder. You are already halfway there. It is good that you can wait for just the right dog for you and your family.

Welcome Nancy. Wow, you have a house full! Sounds like you are doing the smart thing and doing your research. Sometimes it just takes time for the perfect one to come along. I was very much a cat person...before we got Jake. I didn't know it was possible to love a dog so much! But, the cats were definitely easier :D We could go away for the weekend and leave food, water and a litter box for the cats and they were fine. Not so with the dogs...but well worth the minor inconvenience.

Back