• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppy response to tags?

Lisa_T

Anyone have a pup that accepted a collar reasonably easily, but went MAD when confronted with tags? I put Amber's license tag on today and she has been going into contortions trying to get her teeth on it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxx went mad when I did both LMAO. I will never forget his face when he realised he couldn't get his collar off :lol:

Funny thing is, he now hates it if you take his collar off him. He only wears it very loosely as it's really just for his tag but sometimes my 'kids' will take it off him and say 'Look Maxx, my collar' - he jumps up at them and barks whilst trying to put his neck on it, as if to say 'Put it back on me please' :lol:

Casey's puppy tags were so full of teeth marks that we finally had to replace them. He out grew the obsession but when he was little he contorted himself wildly to get at the tags! :badgrin:

Lily got her tag this week, but I didn't put it on her. When my Lhasa was a puppy, she got her's caught in the grate that goes over the hole for central air conditioning that is in the floor. We heard this horrible noise, and then yelping and screaming. We ran into the kitchen, and she was thrashing about with this grate attached to her neck. Every time she would shake her head the grate would hit her in the head and face. She would not let me get near her to get it loose. It was horrible, took a while to get her free. Every since then, I've never put her tags on her collar. I was too afraid she would get them caught again while I wasn't home and choke to death. It was so scary. I just keep them in a safe place now.

Coco didn't mind her collar but she tried to chew her ID tag. Occasionally she'll still try to chew it, but she can't reach it. I distract her with toys and she soon forgot about it. It looks kinda funny though. :lol:

Back