• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

toileting progress!!!!!!

lily

have removed all puppy training pads or papers & lily is doing okay with the odd accident & i guess this is down to me not recognising....

she has a walk on a morning 1st thing & does her poos & wees, after each meal & in between i take her just outside the door & she pees.....

however shes having the odd ones in the house mostly around the usual area were her pad was but also in the living room .... i now need her to let me know when she wants to go out as i cant possibly watch her 24/7 though i try to.....

any tips greatly appreciated thanks :flwr:

well so far today lily has had 2 wees 1 not in usual place & poo in the house ah!!!!!!! :yikes how can i get her to ask me... i assume she'd make a crying noise near the door but she dosent... help ... i took some of her poo she did last night & put it in the spot outside which shes sniffed but not much help. i appreciate we need patience but the book said train in 7 days.....

I'm sure a lot of people will comment.

My advice to you would be to keep doing what you are doing and making sure you are cleaning the areas where she has accidents thoroughly - if she still smells those spots inside, she'll still be drawn to them as her "bathroom"

For now, you are doing the right thing by taking her out so often. She is young and does not have much bladder control. So take her out after meals and if you see her getting up and wandering around aimlessly (circling is a big sign she has to go), then pick her up right away and take her outside.

When she does go outside, praise her like crazy! Make a big deal of it, and make her feel like she's a little rocket scientist for going outside!! I give Lucky treats for going outside (which he'll NEVER get for going inside) an in the beginning I also used the clicker with the treats.

Good Lucky & hugs & kisses from Lucky to Lily. :flwr:

thanks,

yep we give her treats outside my pockets got them & poo bags in.... & hubbys. guess it just a matter of time.... :flwr:

You might want to teach her to ring bells tied to the door on a cord to go out. We can hear the bells ring from several rooms away and can then open the door for which ever one wants to go out! They learn pretty quick too.

Molly - that sounds such a great idea but how do you get them to associate the bell with the desire to go, and at what age would it be worth attempting? Scampi is 13 weeks too, and I am taking her when I think she needs to go.

Back