• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Present wrapping advice

cecily

From http://www.wagntrain.com/holidays.htm
Thanks Judy for originally posting the link! Great advice

HOW TO WRAP PRESENTS WITH DOGS IN THE HOUSE

1. Gather presents, boxes, paper, etc. in middle of living room floor.
2. Get tape back from puppy.
3. Remove scissors from older dog's mouth.
4. Open box.
5. Take puppy out of box.
6. Remove tape from older dog's mouth.
7. Take scissors away from puppy.
8. Put present in box.
9. Remove present from puppy's mouth.
10. Put back in box after removing puppy from box.
11. Take scissors from older dog & sit on them.
12. Remove puppy from box & put on lid.
13. Take tape away from older dog.
14. Unroll paper.
15. Take puppy OFF box.
16. Cut paper being careful not to cut puppy's foot or nose that is getting in the way as it "helps".
17. Let puppy tear remaining paper.
18. Take puppy off box.
19. Wrap paper around box.
20. Remove puppy from box & take wrapping paper from its mouth.
21. Tell older dog to fetch the tape so he will stop stealing it.
22. Take scissors away from puppy.
23. Take tape older dog is holding.
24. Quickly tape one spot before taking scissors from older dog & sitting on them again.
25. Fend off puppy trying to steal tape & tape another spot.
26. Take bow from older dog.
27. Go get roll of wrapping paper puppy ran off with.
28. Take scissors from older dog who took them when you got up.
29. Give pen to older dog to hold so he stops licking your face.
30. Remove puppy from present & hurriedly slap tape on to hold the paper on.
31. Take now soggy bow from puppy & tape on since the sticky stuff no longer sticks.
32. Take pen from older dog, address tag & affix while puppy tries to eat pen.
33. Grab present before puppy opens it & put it away.
34. Clean up mess puppy & older dog made playing tug-of-war with remnants of wrapping paper.
35. Put away rest of wrapping supplies & tell dogs what good helpers they are.

That's so funny. My daughter was given a present last week. It was wrapped in brown paper, tied with string and the bow had a Diamond in a claw setting dangling from it. Very simple but pretty.

That is too funny!!! Jake and Shelby always "help" when I wrap gifts.

But...you forgot the part about the dog peeing on the gift as the final wrap! :shock:

Cathy T said:

But...you forgot the part about the dog peeing on the gift as the final wrap! :shock:

LMAO I love it but Cathy beat me to the last one! I remember when I was younger, my parents got a Welsh Terrier puppy and she had been paper trained by the breeder. Every time someone put wrapping paper on the floor to wrap a present in, Sheena would go and pee on it :lol:

I had a cat when I was younger that would shred my uncles wrapped present every year without fail. She would not touch anyone elses, just his. It was so strange! :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Cathy T said:

LMAO I love it but Cathy beat me to the last one! I remember when I was younger, my parents got a Welsh Terrier puppy and she had been paper trained by the breeder. Every time someone put wrapping paper on the floor to wrap a present in, Sheena would go and pee on it :lol:

Sounds like she was very well "paper" trained!! :D :lol:

This year I saved myself from the help of the furkids..... I managed to wrap all my presents this afternoon!......... at the table out of reach ;)

Wow Kirsty! You've done well :flwr: I have written the majority of my cards and have been into my spare room and tried to sort out the stack of pressies but still need to wrap them :roll:

All cards written and sent - all pressies wrapped (finished today). Bella drove me crazy! She kept pinching my gift tags and walking on my paper. I briefly wondered about wrapping her and giving her as a gift! :lol:

Back