• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm appalled!!! Why would he do this?

KingstonsMom

Kingston pooped on the couch yesterday! :yikes My boyfriend took clothes out of the dryer and tossed them on the sofa. He later discovered that Kingston had climbed on top of the clothes and pooped on a pair of shorts.

This makes no sense. He's well potty-trained and never uses the bathroom inside. When he used to have accidents he'd always go by the front door, NEVER EVER on furniture. Has this happened to anyone else? What's going on?

Maybe he fancied a change :badgrin: :badgrin: :lol:

Sorry,I couldn't resist .

Cavaliers do the strangest things... I'm sure someone will be able to help.

:flwr:

hahaha oh I'm so sorry for laughing but the idea of him pooping on your boyfriends boxershorts made me do it. Having said that, let me say how sorry I am, for your poor sofa and you for having to clean it. How gross. I've bought fleece blankets for the living room furniture. Those smallish ones. It protects the furniture from hair, and anything that might be "stuck" on Tucker's backside, which can occur from time to time.

Claire, we are both so bad!!! :sl*p:

maybe it smelled too clean for him.. :lol:

I haven't a clue why he would do that - hopefully it was a hard poo - those are easier to clean up.

One thing I've been very religous about with Kosmo is taking him out at the same time every day and making sure that he takes his 2 poos a day at those times. We will keep walking until he poos.. and if he doesn't then he gets watched like a hawk until our next outing - we've never had a problem this way.

Good luck! :flwr:

Hi, I don't know the situation, but could he have been trying to tell you he needed to poo, and maybe nobody understood his signals? Maybe he just got so desperate he couldn't hold it any longer? :flwr:

Barbara Nixon said:
I think he's making a statement of some kind; marking territory , as opposed to forgetting toilet training.

I'm going to agree with this theory. I have only had one dog (although many as a child) but I do know when my daughters started having boyfriends, our girl lab always has issues. They can have friends over and she'd be oh fun new people to pet me! But the first sign of "boyfriend" and she would literally put herself between them.

OK so maybe it had nothing to do with this, but my dog was always territorial with her babies. It just you mention your dog is house trained and in the past when mistakes happened it was not like this. Best solution, your boyfriend needs to bond with your dog inorder to be given permission to bond with you ;)

I have had a few odd poohs from time to time in naughty places and it is usually when the dogs are peed off about a shift in their routine ?
Not at all frequent but very interesting. It is as if they know it is naughty so do it.

Who was there first? Kingston or BF? If it was Kingston sounds like he is not happy that BF is taking up your time. Maybe a few more treats from BF and hugs from you might work.

why dogs poop on boyfriends things

I am the boyfriend of Henry's owner. Henry hates me and Im not surprised that he hasnt pooped on my shorts yet, or my face that matter. BUT DONT WORRY, I am not cruel to Henry, I try to be his buddy but he still hates me. I dont know if dogs feel jealousy, but when it comes to poop, i guess they do.

It doesnt matter fellas, when it comes to a lady and her dog, we're just the poop on the couch.

-anthony

Re: why dogs poop on boyfriends things

mt0382 said:
I am the boyfriend of Henry's owner. Henry hates me and Im not surprised that he hasnt pooped on my shorts yet, or my face that matter. BUT DONT WORRY, I am not cruel to Henry, I try to be his buddy but he still hates me. I dont know if dogs feel jealousy, but when it comes to poop, i guess they do.

It doesnt matter fellas, when it comes to a lady and her dog, we're just the poop on the couch.

-anthony

:rotfl:

over the years i have learned that both cats and dogs will do this, they will pee on piles of clothes, like laundry, without warning, unpredictably, and as a result, i am pretty good about not leaving my clothes lying on the floor, or towels, laundry etc. I hadn't thought about my stuff being targetted if it was on the furniture, will have to keep that possibility in mind.

Once my cat peed on the bean bag chair (that i no longer have). then she peed on everything just about, definitely piles of clothes, but later i eventually figured out it was related to a bladder infection. Now that i'm thnking back, fluffy did pee on stuff that was sitting on furniture. she peed everywhere really.

Zack has peed on his own snoozy pad--he has more than once gone out of his way to go into his crate which he otherwise never goes into, to pee on his snoozy pad. It's happened a couple of times over the months. i haven't had this happen with poop with zack yet.

Once fluffy, my cat, accidentally got closed up in my bedroom one day, it was my long day when i have both my day job and my night job and don't get home til after 9:30pm. this was several years ago now. I am especially tired on those days, Thursdays, those are my once a week long days. so when i got home, brain dead, i just fell into the chair and was doing the internet or something in the living room. Fluffy can be kind of quiet sometimes so i didn't think about the fact that she wasn't around. Then, i was so tired, i drug myself upstairs to go to bed, i opened my bedroom door, fluffy ran out, and on my bed, on the sheet, because the blankets were pulled back, you guessed it, poop and pee, plenty of it, soaked through the mattress pad, and also on the blankets and quilt. i went ballistic, complaining bitterly to Fluffy while i spent a good hour cleaning up. Of course, it wasn't her fault. I just wish she could've picked anywhere else to have done it besides the middle of my bed.

The first time i ever heard of anything like this, it was 1969 and i lived in a duplex, and the people in the front, it was a couple, their names were Norm and Stephanie, and they had a pet bobcat. One time Norm had to go out of town for a few days on business. I was visiting with Stephanie and she told me that the bobcat had peed on Norm's pillow in their bed, two days in a row. She was not too happy about it. She theorized that the bobcat was angry at Norm for not being there.

you have my deepest heartfelt sympathy. I have no clue why this happend. i will say though, that when fluffy was peeing in inappropriate places, it took me 6 months of wrong hypotheses before i took her to a vet and found out she had a major bladder infection, so learn from mistake if this starts happening repeatedly and see a vet first rather than, as i did, investing in various sprays, disciplinary methods and finally, a cat psychologist. :?

My boyfriend and I bought Kingston together, so the BF has been here since Day 1. Kingston definitely favors me, but he's never displayed jealousy. I wonder if the couch incident is part of Kingston becoming a "man." I know some male dogs can become a little nasty if they aren't neutered.

And speaking of cats....My sister's male Persian just started a new trend....pooping in the sink everyday. :yuk: So I guess I can't complain TOO much.

Anyways, thanks for all the posts! They gave me a great laugh!

Back