• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My randy puppy

mishmosh

My male puppy is quite randy and has been humping his cuddly toys since he was 8 weeks old. Is this normal? :shock:

Only the books say they tend to do his during adolescence which is months away! He is now 13 weeks.

It's quite normal, but human babies touch their genitals. They aren't sexually arroused; just feeling a sensation.

Marlon done was the same, from about 10 weeks old he was humping.
Got slightly worse as he got older.
He was always humping his toy dogs, but only in the evenings.

I had his Op done on his 6 month birthday, suggest that maybe your best option.

Wesley just started this as well just before 9 weeks old. He was playing with a toy on my legs and must've felt something and started humping. Then yesterday I caught him getting frisky with his blanket.

I sure hope this doesn't continue!

Poor Winnie the Pooh, Tucker did so much humping to that stuffed toy, sometimes I had to put it away as it got embarrassing to watch! However, I know it was more a dominance thing than it was sexual. He humped before his neutering and continued after. He has never done this to a human. Only the stuffed toy. When Tucker's brother visited, he jumped on him too, but not as much as he did Winnie.

Have you ever seen the movie "Click"? They've got some funny scenes in there of a dog getting frisky w/ a big stuffed toy.

When I was growing up, we had a Rat Terrier girl who used to be a leg humper. It was awful.

All of this is totally normal behaviour and generally not sexual. Neutering does not necessarily stop this in either males or females so work to train away from unwanted behaviour. I've posted a link to an article on a similar thread, the link is in the Library section under Caring for your Cavalier.

Duncan and Arthur have never found any of their toys all that exciting, but that may be because they have a very little selction of cuddly toys (they are destroyers).

They do however go CRAZY for my in-laws 65 lb golden retriever, Bucket. She is fixed, but still must have some serious feramones...all male dogs go NUTS over her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duncan humps Buckets front leg, Arthur gets the rear or Duncan gets it right and heads to the back then then Arthur humps Bucket and Duncan humps Arthur. Sweet girl, she just tolerates it until we can stop laughing and redirect.

i have a question why do dogs do stuff like that when you have company over lady decided to scoot on our carpet when we had visitors i was so embarressed she looked chuffed with herself though! Cavs are stange .

Natalie said:
i have a question why do dogs do stuff like that when you have company over lady decided to scoot on our carpet when we had visitors i was so embarressed she looked chuffed with herself though! Cavs are stange .

they do it to show you up in public .....they wait till they have an audiance then scoot or hump everything going just to see how red your face will be LOL............. :yikes

Our little Maddy is only 13 weeks old. She was lying on her back with her paws in the air and had her snuggle puppy wrapped in them on top of her and was humping up and down. It was so funny. My husband said she took after me! LOL.

PamH said:
Our little Maddy is only 13 weeks old. She was lying on her back with her paws in the air and had her snuggle puppy wrapped in them on top of her and was humping up and down. It was so funny. My husband said she took after me! LOL.

To much info there I think.... :D ....lol

Back