PDA

View Full Version : Self-warming beds

rowannutmeg
11th December 2006, 06:59 PM
Now of course I did the silly thing and ordered one before I asked :sl*p: , but does anyone have any experience with these? I ordered one as poor Rowan shivers occasionally and she's so small, but I didn't want anything electric to worry about. Our house isn't cold, but she certainly likes being really, really warm! Thanks... :thnx:

Laura&Lia
15th December 2006, 10:44 PM
we bought a disc for Lia that you put in the microwave 5 min and then put it ander her pillow and it is warm 12 hours!!

Is special for puppies!

IT is called SNUGGLE SAFE

:jmp:

Laura&Lia
15th December 2006, 10:49 PM
http://www.snugglesafe.co.uk/heatpad.htm

:flwr:

Cathy T
16th December 2006, 02:20 AM
I used the same type of thing for both of mine when they were puppies. The disc was actually still warm in the morning so it holds the heat really well. I tucked mine underneath a blanket and left room so they could sleep off of it as well if it got too warm.

Karlin
17th December 2006, 11:59 PM
I'd like one of those for me... :lol:

rowannutmeg
18th December 2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks, all. She thus far seems to like the self warming bed (it's a bit crackly as it's that silver emergency camping blanket type-stuff underneath fleece) but I do think we'll look in to getting one of those microwaving things for when this is in the wash.

And I agree...I want something that's nice and snuggly like these! Of course my cavalier is. :D

Cicero's Mummy
18th December 2006, 06:28 PM
Funny story...

I was at Petsmart the other day and i saw ones that you plug into the wall! It had a temp setting and everything... now I found this funny (and alarming) because they were saying that it was the best for a new puppy... in my mind I was thinking...

"electric cords, teething puppy... not a good mix"

But they do seem really neat! Our pup has one of those microwaveable thingys... works very well (i've tested it out pre-pup).