PDA

View Full Version : 5 month old Cavalier in Ohio

My Wesley
11th December 2006, 09:33 PM
I found this in the PetFinder classified ads

[ad removed by Karlin as it turns out this dog is for sale by the owner, and I don't allow pups for sale on the site. I know this was a misunderstanding as people believed this was a rescue]

Justine
11th December 2006, 10:43 PM
Wish he was here would of taken him.He will find a home soon,he is stll a puppy.Good luck.

Cathy Moon
12th December 2006, 01:38 PM
I have emailed Tom to offer to foster this puppy, if he is still available.

Cicero's Mummy
12th December 2006, 02:05 PM
Do you have the direct link?

My Wesley
12th December 2006, 02:52 PM
I don't, but that is all the info that is posted anyway. You'd have to contact him by phone or e-mail.

www.petfinder.com
Go to Classified Ads
Then all I did was in the Edit icon on your internet browser, I searched to "find" Cavalier on that page.

Cathy Moon
12th December 2006, 06:11 PM
The person's name is Toni, not Tom, and she is selling the dog, so technically this is not a rescue situation.

My Wesley
12th December 2006, 06:34 PM
Gotcha. Guess I didn't even think about that "adoption fee" that they put on there.

Cathy Moon
12th December 2006, 06:44 PM
If it's in classifieds, it isn't a rescue. :thmbsup:

Karlin
12th December 2006, 06:56 PM
The wording is misleading as 'adoption' implies a rescue.

My Wesley
12th December 2006, 06:59 PM
Seems more like.... "just buy my dog off of me for $100, and I'll call it an adoption fee, so I can at least get something back"

I'd still "adopt" one though for a small fee. I think people just want to make sure that the buyer is serious. Which then again is kind of crazy, because who wouldn't pass up a deal like that?"

Anyway.... You can lock if needed.

Thanks!

Cicero's Mummy
12th December 2006, 08:10 PM
Isn't petfinder supposed to be a place for rescues??

Cathy Moon
13th December 2006, 01:32 AM
This particular dog was in the Classifieds, not the rescue section. She is charging the purchase price that she paid for the puppy. It is more than a small fee. She is doing this because of her financial situation.

Cicero's Mummy
13th December 2006, 01:49 AM
Oh, that's sad... you would think people would think about the financial and long term responsibilities of a dog before they bought one!

Cathy Moon
13th December 2006, 02:07 AM
I know! I feel bad too; I hope everyone understands that Karlin prefers this section to be for rescues only, not for selling cavaliers.

Of course, that shouldn't stop anyone from helping this puppy out if they want to. And maybe the owner will eventually put the puppy into cavalier rescue if she cannot sell him. :flwr: