• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Advice on introducing George to another dog!!

george108

Just wondering if anyone can give advice on introducing George to my sister's Westie Jake. They met very briefly but George wasn't amused with Jake sniffing him! George warned Jake several times but Jake ignored him until George gave out hell! It looked like it was going to turn ugly so we brought George away. We're going to try bringing them both for a walk tomorrow to see how they get on. It's very important that they get on together as my sister will spend the odd day minding George in the new year while I'm in work. Any advice on how to approach this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Introduce them on neutral territory like a walk (so your instinct is right! :) )and let them get to know each other that way -- that always helps. Be sure not to put them into any situation where they might compete or get in a fight -- eg feeding next to each other, or giving chew toys when they are close to one another.

Lots of detailed advice here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2317

Back