• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Seasons Greetings from Phoenix Arizona USA

Denni

For the life of me I cant remember who told me about Cavalier Talk, but I have found a lot of familiar faces over here from Cavalier connection. Figured it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Denni and I have 2 Blen Cavalier girls (Keara and Sparkle) and 2 Shih Tzu's boys (Oshie and Renjie). I am getting my 3rd Cavalier girl a B & T day after tomorrow 12/13 :D (So far have two names picked out; Jingle and Haylie)

Both of my girls are puppy mill rescues. Sparkle was rescued by www.LuckyStarCavalierRescue.org . She gave birth to 9 babies (6 survived) and were fostered with a wonderful lady in Michigan named Alice, I got her on 2/11. My second girl Keara, is a rescue from www.flawdogs.petfinder.com out of Missouri. I got her in November 05. Thank heavens she didnt get pregnant on her first heat, and since her mom only got pregnant once out of 3 heats the puppy mill wanted to get rid of that worthless line and Keara got a one way ticket freedom. :rah:

They came in and joined myself and 2 male Shih Tzu's, Renjie and Oshie, in Phoenix. They have had such a calming effect on those guys, no more fights. They have all gotten along so well!

The girls definitely enjoy the sunshine out here. As soon as the sun peaks over the house in the morning and hits the ground both Keara and Sparkle can be found getting their daily dose of sunshine. Guess they didnt get much of that in the puppy mills.

My third little girl and her brother are coming home with me day after tomorrow from a puppy mill rescue in Arkansas. These are two of the four that Mic had posted. My sister is adopting the little boy. (Kringle).

For now my sister and her husband are living with me while they await their new home to be completed. As of Wednesday there will be 3 adults, 5 adult dogs and 2 puppies in this house.. Its gonna be a happy Christmas around here :lpy:

THANK YOU !
That's my first word. Thank you for them.
:flwr:
You're wonderful (y)
A big kiss to you and a tender caress to all your doggies

Hi Denni! So glad to see you here. You have a really big heart and those pooches now have the loving home that every dog deserves! What fun you are all going to have at your house. Love the Jingle and Kringle names! You must be excited about the new additions coming this weekend. Can't wait to see pictures of the whole crew.

Hello Denni...
Welcome to the forum! We are new also, and look forward to "seeing" you and your blessed furkids... May your Christmas be Merry!!
Love & Licks
Lin, Cal, Boo & Punkin

I am so excited that you are taking in one of the babies from Mic!! How awesome is that!! You will HAVE to post pictures of them when you and your sister get them. I was in the running to adopt one, but then I decided to foster instead (I get bitten by the puppy bug quite often so I wanted to keep an open slot for a pup in need). How wonderful that we are going to be able to watch them grow!! YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!

Thank you everyone... I am always amazed at the miracle of the internet where it brings so many people together from all over the world. Cavaliers are still so very rare out here yet you have had them in Europe for centuries. (You lucky people!) I just love these blessed little creatures and its so great to be able to share that with all of you. :luv:

:updte:
Finally got Mics little rescues home with us!!! Im not sure I will ever fly American Airlines again. I was at the airport at 630am for an 830am flight. 845 rolls around, told we have a problem with a gauge, 9am fixed taxiing out, (Ok 30 mins that still gives me an 1 1/2 hours between flights). 903am have to go back, air conditioning problem. 945am we finally take off . Get into Dallas Terminal A with 25 mins to spare, make it to Terminal B, 10 mins prior to departure and they had already closed the plane and given away my seat :swear: . So the next 3 flights had to be rescheduled. The less then cordial attendant treated me like I was the bad guy, and wanted to put me on a 45 min window coming back from Dallas to Phoenix, I looked at her and said "with your track record of unmaintained aircraft being late do you think thats a good idea?"

Finally got into Little Rock at 4pm, walking out and spotted Mic's Daughter with Kringle in her lap... Amazing how all that frustration just melted away. I was so glad to see Mic and her daughter. And Mic had my precious little Jingle in her purse Those two are the most precious little babies. Once their return flight was booked and boarding passes were obtained we all went out to the doggy yard. They were so adorable running after Mickey's daughter... they did their last poos and pees and we parted ways.

Flight attendants and several travelers loved them and were amazed they were brought in to be destroyed. (Its amazing how many call them the Sex in the City dog)

We finally made it back into Phoenix just before 11pm. Went by my parents house (which is 1/2 way in between my house and the airport) Mom just fell in love with them (Dad was sleeping) and we let them run around the back yard for a few before I scooped them up and headed home.

My guys were so happy mom was home that they barked and cried and woke up my sister, so everyone was up while I took the kids into the "nursery" fed them (they were ravenous). Then started the introductions. One at a time and everyone did pretty good. Kringle was trying to play the dominant thing with his sister Clover and she pinned him down. He yelped and jumped back, poor baby I think that was the first time that had ever happened.

Finally got into bed about 1230. Ringjie would hear the babies and then start woofing and wake me up. Hes such the protector... Im about ready to get him a barker breaker.

Woke up at 620 when I thought Renjie was growling again at those strange noises. It wasnt Renjie this time it was Steph in the shower so I got up and let the kids out and they both tried to pee on the puppy pad. Fed them some more, they acted like they were starving. Steph and Larry took Kringle into their room and I took Jingle and put her on the big bed with all 4 of mine. (Last night I just brought 1 dog in at a time to meet them) She seemed a little overwhelmed, but everyone is getting along very well.

Took them to the vet yesterday and she said everything sounds good lungs are clear, hearts are strong, so we are off to a good start!

Thank you Mickey for arranging their adoptions and bringing these precious little babies to the airport and Thanks so much to Judy their foster mom, she has done an awesome job with taking care of these little guys, and special thanks to that wonderful vet for saving their little
lives :flwr: :lotsaluv:

Great stories; so glad you have a house full of doglets! I love the name Jingle myself. :) Might nick that for a future addition here... though that is not likely to be *any time soon* (she says firmly! icon_whistling ).

Denni:
I can't believe I missed this thread! I guess I've been a bit busy meeting folks at the airport and playing Cavalier Santa. But it's been so rewarding to match families with pups. Six down, one to go.

And now...about those pictures....WHERE ARE THEY? That was part of our deal, remember?
icon_whistling Even though I only get to puppy sit/temp foster for a few days, I get so attached to these little luvs and need updates so I'm remember how happy they are in their new homes. If not, I'd want to keep every one of them...well, I would if I could, but I'd have to get a new husband...and I've already trained the one I've got!
:flwr:

Back