• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

puppy losing hair

tuna

Nemo seems to be losing hair like there is no tomorrow, mostly around his hind legs and belly/lower torso. I did a search of the forum and it seems he is losing his puppy coat?? He is only 12 weeks old which seems a bit young for that. He does have a few fleas but isn't really scratching much.

Any ideas?

I would take him to the vet to have him examined, and ask the vet to recommend the safest way to treat for fleas in a young pup.

Fleas can become a serious problem!

even a few flea's can cause irritation .... i would talk to your vet about flea control thats the first step i would make :flwr:

I would treat the fleas...All of mine go nuts when there is a single flea on their body, you would think they were covered in them!! What may be happening is that he is chewing himself when you aren't around and he is bored or that is when he really notices the itching. Fleas can cause a lot more health problems than just hair loss so I would take care of it!!

Back