• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Calendar Donation

duncans_ma

Alright everyone...shipping hit us hard, but the donation came out to about $8/calendar = $560 Total US$

I am transferring to Karlin today. Below is the final break down of the $$ for calendars

Amount US$

Amount Received 1,750.00
Paypal Svc Charge (69.51)
Balance 1,680.49
Calendar Orders (799.00)
Shipment to Dist/US (233.36)
Canada (12.65)
UK (75.04)
Donation 560.44

I am so glad that everyone is enjoying their calendars..take your pics for 2008!!

That's fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the initiative and really leading this up. I love my calendar and can't wait to find the perfect place for it on the wall! :)

thanks for all that info Ashley, i like having an idea of how much something like this costs to do. Would the shipping have been any less if it wasn't christmas season and the need to rush the shipment? Was the $799 the cost of manufacturing the calendars? Who manufactured them?

great work!

The calendars were done by Shutterfly and because of the bulk they were only $11 +/- each.

The shipping would have been $50 cheaper if I could have taken 20-30 days for the delivery to the UK. Clearly, 20-30 days would not have made the holidays for everyone overseas. The options were $135 (4-7 days) and $85 (20-30 days) There were other options but those were the two cheapest.

I think with fuel prices being what they have been the cost to ship has increased dramatically in the last year.

duncans_ma said:
The calendars were done by Shutterfly and because of the bulk they were only $11 +/- each.

The shipping would have been $50 cheaper if I could have taken 20-30 days for the delivery to the UK. Clearly, 20-30 days would not have made the holidays for everyone overseas. The options were $135 (4-7 days) and $85 (20-30 days) There were other options but those were the two cheapest.

I think with fuel prices being what they have been the cost to ship has increased dramatically in the last year.

Ashley, for the 2008 version I would like to donate the shipping costs for the calendars. That way, rescue will receive the most amount possible.

Barb - That would be wonderful!!!

Karlin is already using this year's donation to help out Hammer today!!

If we get organised earlier enough next year we should get more orders for Calenders so the donation to rescue should increase aswell.

Thanks Ashley for sorting all this out this year.

Perhaps we could run a particluar calender theme through the year that lasts the whole month, so when it gets near the time next year everyone is not trying to find all their pictures at once??? Just an idea.....

That's a good idea Kirsty...

but just wanted to say a big Thank you to Ashley for all her hard work and I know how much this donation means to Karlin, and how much it is needed sadly :(

Super Ashley...wow, you did a fantastic job!! So neat that we know exactly where our money is going.

Great job, Ashley! The calendar is beautiful. Your accounting is wonderful. And the donation is going to an awesome cause. What can we all do to make this project easier for you next year? (note that I'm assuming, hopefully, that you're up for next year's calendar.)

I recived mine today and I am well happy with it. I'm glad we managed to raise quite a bit of money too?

Just a thought but would Kodak be any cheaper? I've had 4 calanders from them this year and they ran a promotion that they were £11 each ex shipping??

Also does a anyone know if there are any spares floating around?? My aunt and uncle have seen mine and now want one too.

Yep, big thank you for Ashley for a great job done, thank you to all that put pictures in and thank you to the dogs for just being great dogs.... and a big old thank you for Karlin for helping all the dogs out there. I gotta get my picture in this time as I didn't have time this time...

Claire L just wanted to say it was special to have Rudeepoo's on the front and also Linda I think Ozzy fancies or likes Darby as he was just staring at his picture then going round the back to see the rest of his.

I am certainly up for next years calendar, although I will take any assistance I can get in setting up the polls because they will undoubtedly be much larger.

I am not sure if the calendars are cheaper on kodak but I will look. I think the Shutterfly deal was really good. I was able to get 75 calendars for $799 (that is $10.65/calendar) and there was free shipping on the order so the shipping from the company to me was $0.

I did order 75 calendars even though I only took in money for 70. It was cheaper to purchase them in bulk groups of 25. So, there are 5 additional but I sent them to Karlin to give out to anyone that helps her out with donations, fostering, etc.

blue_star, Maybe you can ask Karlin what donation she will take for a calendar?

If you all want we can run the calendar themes throughout the year...perhaps one of the moderators or Karlin can give us some advice as to the best time to do so. I would think we need to have all pics submitted by Oct 1, 2007 for voting

By starting on this earlier, I think we can reduce our shipping costs and therefore increase our donation to Karlin's rescue....along with reducing some of Ashley's stress over this project.

So, in order to get a jump on things, I vote that Ashley's avatar pic be in the 2007 calendar. I LOVE that picture!!!

Hi all:

I am so far behind on posting to this thread where you have all been talking about this wonderful project! I sent a private note to Ashley but it is just as important for me to say a BIG THANK YOU publicly to everyone, here, as without all of you, this wouldn't have been possible. I am really humbled by all the work that went into this, the beautiful result, and how much support Ashley received from board members in creating and purchasing this calendar. They are at my mother's right now and she says they are amazing. :D I can't wait to see them next week.

This contribution will really help me to make decisions to help difficult cases such as dogs like Hammer, where there's an upfront medical cost that needs to be met and additional costs into the future for a new owner that make me reluctant to try and recover my initial costs through an adoption fee. While not enormous; costs like that eat away at savings and I truly felt I had more options for this great dog because of knowing there was a fund there to draw upon. In other words I could literally buy him some time so that he could be assessed and a new home found. The fact that so many here pulled together to eliminate his transport costs -- which would otherwise have been at least £100 for me through the established rescue transports that go across to the UK -- is very special too and has all helped change the future for this little guy.

A big, big thanks to you all :hug: -- though I am still embarrassed it took me so long to realise you were doing this project for ME! :oops:

Blue Star, PM me and I can sort out a calendar to you.

Karlin

PS another option is to do two separate printings -- eg have the UK ones printed in the UK or Ireland for UK/Irish purchasers and than a US printing, if there are enough on each side of the water.

Back