• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

lip licking

warnerb

My female 17 month old cavalier licks her lips constantly when she sits in my lap. It drives me crazy. Her sister doesn't do it at all. Any ideas or suggestions? :?

Digby does this frequently and Harry does not, but he does not do it constantly ?
Anyway lip licking is a calming signal and it can also be a sign of nausea. I think also it can just be a dog thing. I would not worry about it if it does not appear to be bothering your pup ?
Has she always done it ?

Geordie used to lick his lips a lot, but now has stopped. I think it may have been related to PSOM (see health section). His PSOM and related hearing problems has resolved on its own, and so has the lip licking.

Chocolate licks her lips more than my other two, and I am watching her closely for other signs. She seems ok, though. :flwr:

Back