• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update Pic's on Harvey's Plaster Cast

Harvey

Here are some pic's of Harvey with his cast on:

320734861_8400f0b0b6.jpg

320734864_1aca0b4e36.jpg

320734860_17c59b92cd.jpg

Did he have to have pink :yikes What are you trying to do to the boy !!
Just kidding :lol:
I am glad to see he is still moving around ok and in one of those pics he almost looks like he is smiling.
Kisses to the boy and hope he has a speedy recovery.

The cast seems so big for sweet little Harvey. It looks like it hasn't slowed him all that much. How is he getting around? Is it difficult to keep him from jumping?

Oh you little sweet pea you!!! That is a full length cast isn't it?! :yikes Hang in there buddy...you'll be all better before you know it!

It doesn't seem to be slowing him down much, which is excellent! He is so precious and that cast looks so big!! It's not pink...it's a very manly..umm.. well...it's a bit pink, but it is manly none the less. ;) He is too cute!

Hi everyone

He is getting around just fine which is suprising considering the size of cast they gave him!

Unfortunately i didnt get to choose his cast color - When i collected him on Monday lunchtime i said that the cast wasnt really for a boy!!! :lol:

He is back in for a new cast on friday so hopefully they will give him a better color this time :)

He hasnt been trying to jump but he is getting in and out the back door ok which is good!

he is so adorable. :flwr: i love the dog freckles on his face and paws.
how old is he? he sure looks not very put out by the cast. i don't think thats a bad color on him. :lol:

Elvis wasn't much older than that when he had his boo-boo. It's amazing how fast they just accept it and move on.

brokenel3.jpg

Awww, they look like they are doing ballet in those casts, with long pointy legs! Amazing how they can adapt.

I don't know if my heart could take Tucker in a cast. I am so horrid in medical emergencies. When my niece Kayla was only 4 she was trying to balance her little self on a ball, and fell, smashing her chin on the floor. It split wide open. I took my sister and Kayla to the hospital and stayed in the room when they were stitching Kayla's chin and I couldn't stop crying.

Elvis looks soo cute with his blue cast!!!

Harvey is having a new cast put on today - not sure what color he will get this time....

Cant wait till he hasnt got to have one at all - he's had all his injections now and the vet said that its probably best not to take him out untill his cast is off :(

Re badie legs

Its alfies mum,My 5 yr old wants to know whats happened to their little legs?.please let me know.

Hi Justine

In Harvey's case he was encouraged to jump off my bed by my 5 year old little girl, and unfortunately he fell (i was in the bathroom and didn't see what was happening) by the time i had rushed in there it was too late!

We now have very strict child / puppy rules in this house!!!

On the up side every day he seems to be getting stronger and running around as if he didnt even have the cast on :D

Harvey

Many thanks for your answer,have just exlpained to my 5 yr old.Iam glad i asked as we have our little girl coming at the end of Jan.A little tri.She will be 9 weeks when we get her so i have just read the riot act about putting on the bed and soffas.I dont want any accidents.It makes my tummy turn when you here them crying.

Hi Justine

Yes i would definately say it wise to make children aware of how fragile these pups are...

It's something i never want to go through again - Harvey sreamed in pain for ages and took me awhile to calm him down by which time i was crying my eyes out and struggling to get the emergency vet to understand a word i was trying to say lol

Enjoy your new puppy when you get her, i am sure you will have a fantastic time together!!! :D

Back