• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

can she learn to "go" when she is taken outside?

Harley & Carley

I am using the "how to train your dog in 7 days" book, but Harley wont cooperate. Sometimes she will go, but mostly she wants to play outside and eat the leaves. I have tried crating her for a few minutes, and she will either lay down and rest or whine, like she has to "go" (this is how she wakes us at night-whining- and always "goes" quick then back to bed). when I take her back out, she plays some more, but she wont poop. it has been almost 2 hours since she ate, and still no poop - though we have been out about many, many times. the last time she pooped was before breakfast around 0700

What can i do to help her understand to "go" outside first, then play outside?

Does the crating for 15 minutes really work? She started putting up a fight to get in the crate after being put in there about 5 times in a row, and hasnt done that before. i dont want her to think it is "jail"

Addendum, she pooped while she was sitting on the floor beside me, still with her lead on, getting ready to go back out again!. Bad mom - I guess I wasnt watching close enough and was too busy typing!
HELP!

They don't always poop every single time. Just leave her 20 minutes then try again. It takes time for them to settle into a routine. I found they pooped about 4-5 times a day but they were out a lot more than that for wees!

Back