• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I am the most pathetic photographer ... ever

Joanne M

Granted I'm not using state of the art equipment, but still, wouldn't you think even from a disposable camera, I could get one decent photo of Tucker, since he was in every single shot. Not one, not one photo that shows his cute little face. I managed to get great shots of my Christmas decorations, the fireplace, all the Christmas figurines, but Tucker is a blur in everything. My plan is to include a photo of Tucker with each Christmas card I send out. The only photo that is marginally acceptable of Tucker, not even that cute, he's on the single bed in the spare room, with the crappy comforter on the bed, not a Christmas decoration in sight! This does not say Merry Christmas.

Computers with the correct software could make a christmassy photo of him for you, eg, a close up of his head surrounded by a holly wreath. He could be extracted from the background with no bother.

imo, black and tans are so hard to photograph. They just look like dark blobs...at least in my pics. Lighter backgrounds seem to work best for me.
couchdogs-1.jpg

pups-2.jpg

There's that too. Outside also works well, I find. The annoying thing when snapping side by side with a ruby is that their light requirements are different!

:lol: :lol: Boy, do I understand your frustrations. My B/T always comes out so dark. hard to get his sweet face. We try and exercise the dogs at a dog park or in the yard with lots of running before we attempt pictures. They are so tired they behave. The suggesion to use a light background is also really a good one.

The local Petsmart type places usually have a photographer who takes pixs with Santa most Saturdays between now and the holiday for only about $10 or so. We got wonderful professional looking pixs last year that way.

P.s. You can't be the most pathetic photographer ever...that's already my title. :badgrin:

I can definitely see your challenge in photographing a b&t and a ruby together. I can see that they'd require different lighting. Mickey, you've managed to pull it off quite well....that's a great picture.

Hello Ladies. I arrived at a low-tech solution. I took the one picture of Tucker with him on the crappy quilt and cut his picture out, and I super-imposed it on a Christmassy Picture. Now you photo-shop girls would/will probably laugh but to me it served my needs. I scanned the makeshift pictures, made color copies, cut the copies off each sheet (with real scissors) and got out my glue stick, and glued the picture to the inside cover of each Christmas card that I'll send. It took some time. As I'm really not even adept at scanning. But eventually I got the work done. I only thought to do this after reading your suggestions. So thanks :0)

I don't think I'd see that picture before Mic, it's gorgeous.

I'll email you, cuz I'm still trying to minimize it but at least you'll see my handiwork. It's kind of comical!

UPDATE: mailed my Christmas cards to family and friends. I received several comments from my family with regard to my apparent feeble attempts. Gotta love us sarcastic celts. Elizabeth my much adored 6 yr old niece informed me "it looks like you pasted Tucker on this." My mother says, "Tucker looks huge." My sister Donna says "It's not a flattering picture of Tucker." The best comment came from my neighbors 7 yr old grandson, he said "Tucker looks like a gorilla." Soon as I can figure out how to do this I'll post the picture for you all. From what I hear, it's a real cure for what ails you and will give you a great laugh. I'm considering doing this every year, next year I may have Tucker scaling a mountain!

Back