• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does she really look that different ??

babyC

Everybody has been telling me that Cherrise is too small for her age.. i get that part.. but the latest comment that i just got ,coming back from a breeder is that she has never seen a cavalier like Cherrise and she looks like a pekingnese cross??! :x no offense to pekingnese owners or lovers.. but this is getting really weird.. to me she's just a late bloomer.. h*lp please, any honest opinions ?? :(

Some pictures ..

her dad as a young adult, Am and Can CH.

321696747_31ce3b5ab2_o.jpg

her skinny legs.. :p

321696748_59d94ba1d6.jpg

She looks like a pure Cavalier to me. Maybe the breeder was being snobby, perhaps implying her dogs are nicer. Some people can be a bit too proud! She's a very cute girl. So what if she's small as long as she's healthy. :flwr:

Don't worry, she's just small. I can't believe anyone could see any peke in that sweet face! How tall is she at the withers?

You have a darling little girl~ Shes very petite but there is no crime in that.
If she was bred for this size, and honestly I dont know what her weight and size are, but if shes WAY UNDER Standard.... ethically that is an issue for the breeder....but shouldnt keep you from loving and enjoying her.

As far as the Peeke Comment, Shame on that person..... To be honest with you I believe I remember reading somewhere that the Charlies were cross bred with the peeke's at one point ? This in no way looks like a Charlie to me.... :|

Worry not! Cavs all go through a gangly stage, sometimes their legs look too long, sometimes their backs seem too long, it just takes time for their bodies to come together. I remember thinking that Fauna was really going to be a strange looking Cavalier and not at all what her mom and dad were - wrong. She is now almost 16 months old and becoming a beautiful girl. Flora, who is very small, only 9.14 pounds at 16 months is all legs and silly, wispy feathers. Her parents were both very lovely, well bred dogs so I expect she will come into her own one day. I think sometimes the little ones just take longer to mature. Charisse looks much like Flora did and still does. She's a doll. Ignore the "breeder's" comments, who knows what the motivation was. If your girl is healthy and happy you need not be concerned. Some people! :sl*p:

JaneB

How old is Flora in your atavar pic, Jane?

And when people talk about 'small' what do you mean- height, weight, 'filled-out'ness?

I think Flora was around 6 months old - Fauna 8 months in the avitar.

When people say "she too small" I'm assuming it is because her legs still appear coltish and her coat is still very puppylike. I have noticed in the past 30 days or so that her body has begun to fill out and she isn't so lean and gangly. I think she looks just fine based on what changes Fauna has made in the past 2-3 months. One of my little rescue girls, Ella, is only 6 months old and has more coat than Flora and weighs more than she does. My other little one, Abby, is itty-bitty. In fact, I had her out on a walk this morning and someone asked if she was a BEAGLE! I was so embarassed for her. I'm glad she didn't understand the question. :yikes

JaneB

poor little honey. Well, Holly was insulted as a pup 'cos some plonker round here thought she was a Yorkie. In fairness, BTs are not common- heck, CAVS aren't common- around this part of Belfast, and there are a lot of Yorkies and the colourings are kinda similar...

Plonkers.

Amber is nearly as tall as Holly (who is on the small side at 3.5 years) at five months, but she is still almost ridiculously gangly. At the moment she's like cat- all length and no width, and from the front she looks so sweet- thin face, thin front, colty legs, and then that slightly grumpy-ruby face topped with long (for her age) ears. :D :D

I wonder if Cherise is small as in puppy-like and not filled out, or small as in little height wise. From the pic I'd estimate that Cherise is pretty much the same height as Amber, or Holly, but just still very slender. Which is fine. I still get people telling me my Cavalier needs to fill out. :yikes

Peke????????????

Gosh, I just looked at some Peke pictures and I see no resemblance. You have a lovely Cav girl and maybe the breeder is a little jealous :yuk: Don't let her get to you, for goodness sake.

Another point- I notice Cherise's dad was Canadian/American (if I'm reading the abbreviations right) champion, and he looks very dainty too- reminds me of Holly, in fact. As Karlin pointed out elsewhere, most of the Cavaliers you see (especially those from puppyfarms/BYBs) are considerably larger than standard, or are at the top end of the standard. Show people will be breeding for show quality dogs, and therefore the dogs will be smaller. I was at a show recently and was talking to the owner of an otherwise beautiful Blen bitch- and owner was totally resigned to knowing she would not evenplace that day as the judge's preference was for the smaller end of the scale, and her dog was large. Perhaps too large; hard to tell. Also, Cherise is a bitch and they are (or should be) a little smaller than the guys anyway.

don't worry, honestly. If she's healthy and happy that's all that matters. She has one of the most beautiful little Blen faces I've ever seen, and since I love the daintier Cavs, you're lucky I don't live near you.

I might dognap her otherwise...

Peke, fiddle! :yuk:

Nahhh...I don't see it. You'll be amazed how much she changes as she grows though. I constantly got comments that Shelby looked an english toy or a pug. She has a puggy little nose and buggy eyes. But she's beautiful to me. She really grew into her looks and now I get comments all the time about how cute she is.

I had then at our club party last weekend and Jake's daddy's breeder was there. When I told her Jake was her boy's offspring she was quite offended. "Well, his daddy certainly isn't that big. He's huge isn't he?" She has Jake's sister and is breeding her. "She's certainly not that big" She's a very forthright person. I wasn't offended. I know Jake is very big for the breed. There was one other dog there that was his height.

I think that breeder has a nose that's out of joint! Cherrise is beautiful! I know that Bentley didn't really fill out and look "adult" until he was over two years old. All pups go through a gangley stage where they look all out of sorts.

Don't you fret your baby is perfect!

Ew! How could someone say that? She looks nothing like it! Actually, my in-laws had mentioned that Wesley looked like one as well. What are these people thinking? I think they look nothing like Pekingese!

hahahahahaha :jump: you all made my day!! This forum is a blessing! you are all a blessing .. Thank you so so much.. :) Can't believe of all the stories that you guys tell me.. some of them are hillarious.. :lol: :lol: Jane, i think Cherrise do has a lot of resemblance to Fauna! She's at 8.3 lb now at 8 month.. not that tall about 30 cm .. ? she just looks lanky , because of her skinny legs.. when you actually measure her, she's actually not that tall.. big *PHEWWWWWW* ! thank you thank you thank you again! :D

I even get annoyed when people call my charlies pekes :roll: Have also had , baby rottie/staffie , shih tsu,terrier etc

She is nothing like a peke & not particularly unusual for a cavalier , or last 4 have had little turned up noses ;)

She is beautiful and looks pure cav to me! My Pippin is quite petite in build and always gets called puppy by people but he is nearly three!

Don't worry what people say.

If we can all agree that a pekingnese has 4 legs, then I guess in that respect someone might see some pekingnese in her :lol:

Just ignore people like that, not worth your time fretting about that kind of a dumb comment.

Busta is on the petite size, but Woody is a weird looking one - he looks skinny sometimes and then has big old bum... :D

Dont take any notice she is a loverly cavalier girl and the breeder is so jealous that you have her ----Aileen

Back