• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brady ate gum!

laurenlyn1

Last night I took Brady outside by my boyfriends grandmas house and I spotted a piece of gum. Brady must have seen it at the same time because he ate it right up. i tried to get it away from him but didn't have any luck. i figured it would probably pass on it's own. well, he was looking a little funny, i wasn't sure if it was because he was tired or because he was ill. thank goodness i had just ate something on a paper plate because a few minutes later i heard that dreaded noise that throw up was on it's way. he threw up twice, his whole meal and sure enough, there was the piece of gum. he seems to be doing fine now. i think he just needed to get it out of him. poor little guy. maybe he won't do that again.

Maybe he learned his lesson...but then again maybe not. I pulled a big chunk of blue gum out of Shelby's mouth on a walk once. Ewwwww...she chewed it off the sidewalk :yikes

I'm glad Brady is okay! You must be so relieved.

I did see somethign on the news a while ago about making sure your dogs don't get into sugarfree gum (like a whole package of it or something, not just one piece) because the sweetener xylitol (sp??) can be very toxic - causing their hearts to go to fast.

Good thing that was not the case with Brady. Having a puppy sure does keep you on constant alert - Lucky will put anything in his mouth that he can reach. He's like the ocean ... you can't turn your back on him!!! Sounds like Brady might be the same way.

brady like leaves, sticks, pine cones...the list goes on and on. usually he'll just put it in his mouth and walk around. it's kinda cute sometimes.

I live in a city and mine eat gum off the walkwaysregularly. It is really dfficult to prevent this because they see it before me. I am sure it isn't great for them but it has never done any of them any harm. :shock:

lilys first thing she picked up on her 1st outside venture was a fag end ah!!!!!! :yuk: .. she'll grab anything blowing by & walk with it hanging from her mouth & looks so daft depending on wot it is.... :badgrin:

Back