• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abby and Molly

G

Gillian

Just wondering if anyone knows what this means.
Abby, who is usuallyQuite a bully and always gets the bone etc. If you know what I mean. Was yesterday lying in fron of Molly, her cousin, watching her chew her,Abbys, bone and once in a while she would put her paw on it and Molly would pull it away and she would back off and just lie there.
It was quite funny actually as this went on for about 1/2 hour.
Now Molly is my sons dog and they were visiting us.

I say it means Abby is a very good hostess! :D Seriously, my Clumber Spaniel, who weighs 62 lbs. will do the same thing with Buddy, our Cavalier, who weighs 21 lbs. If Buddy has her bone or ball she will approach Buddy to see if he will give it up willingly but she will not aggressively "steal" it from him. Now if Bubby gives her an opening Hadley will take it in a flash !! If Hadley has something Buddy wants he just sits and stares at her or, if he is really desperate, comes over to me and paws as if to say please take it from her for me. This is behaviour they have worked out between themselves. When they were younger there was much stealing or efforts at stealing, particularly by Buddy from Hadley. (Buddy is six months younger than Hadley, and came to us at six months just after Hadley's first birthday.) Not sure what this all means as far as "alpha dog" is concerned but we consider it relatively good manners, all things considered, in our house.

Thanks for reply.Sounds like a good reason to me. Its just a bit out of character for Abby. As she was the bully.
I like it like this. Maybe they are growing up too as now they are both 7 months old. Molly is almost 8 months.

Amber does something like this with Holly- most of the time just takes it, but occasionally (normally when Holly's just given her a ticking off) Amber will sit, wait and watch for some indication that she won't be growled at and pounced on if she dares to swipe whatever it is. Seven times out of the ten times Amber tries it on, she succeeds- except when Holly either really wants the item, or can't be bothered with the blimmin' little nuisance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back