PDA

View Full Version : He steps through his Puppia

My Wesley
16th December 2006, 10:22 PM
I bought Wesley a Puppia harness before we got him. It's a size Small. It fits his body well, but it seems a little loose around the neck and sometimes when he's walking, he gets a front paw caught through there. Anyone else have these problems? He was 3lbs 14oz around 8 1/2 weeks. He's now 10 weeks today and can still step through it. Silly little pup!

moniechris
17th December 2006, 06:18 AM
You could probably pin it back until he fills it out a bit.

I never had this problem because both of my boys are horses!! :lol: I don't think Cody would have EVER fit in a small. :roll: Enjoy it!!

Lisa_T
17th December 2006, 07:41 PM
I have this problem with Amber's medium puppia- although she stayed well in it today, despire wearing the harness for several hours. It worried me so much I've ordered one of the step in jacket harnesses which are made smaller, so it will act as a transition until she fills out the medium better. If she skips straight from the jacket harness to a large (no sign of that being a risk at this point in time) no big deal- Holly can use the other medium.

My Wesley
17th December 2006, 10:39 PM
I found the resolution. Looks like he will just have to wear his green sweater with the striped collar under it. Works like a charm!

laurenlyn1
18th December 2006, 06:38 AM
brady had that problem when he was a little smaller. his is a medium, but i got it when he was around 10 or 11 lbs. he seems to do fine in it now. he's probably just a little small for it. how fast they grow!

Lisa_T
18th December 2006, 11:31 PM
I would use the jumper solution, but Amber really doesn't like anything going over her head. The medium puppia is fine because it's nice and loose and I'm starting to treat her once it goes on, but anything not so loose and she's not happy. My fault I'm afraid- I didn't give up the small puppia as soon as I should have; mainly because it fit beautifully when on... but oh, trying to get it off! :yikes :yikes :yikes I nearly asked my grandmother to put some kind of fastening on it but decided to cut my losses and sell it instead. Cecily's baby Dougal has it now. I look forward to seeing it on him :D :D