PDA

View Full Version : New to Cavalier's and this site!

Cavalier_attitude
18th December 2006, 04:21 AM
I have had my precious angel since the beginning of May and she is more amazing than I could ever have thought possible! I have been a pet lover and owner my whole life but have never had or even met a dog as wonderful as my Cavalier. I have several health problems including endometriosis and FibroMyalgia so I was looking for a lot of special requirements when I decided to get a puppy. I had never heard of a Cavalier King Charles before but based my decision to get the breed soley on it's description which perfectly fit what I was looking for. After much searching I also chose a breeder in Ireland and fell in love instantly with Indiana (Indy's) face the first time I saw her! She has changed my life so much that I never could have fathomed how wonderful she is! We got her spayed at 7 months and she is just as healthy, smart, and loveable as she could be. I stay with her 24/7 and she even went with me on a trip to visit my family recently. My grandmother was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and moved into a nursing home and we visited her and the other residents 10 out of the 14 days I was there and she was just amazing with everyone. Her behavior only cemented my plans for us to become a therapy team. We are in training working toward that goal. I am looking forward to learning more about Cavalier's through all of you!

tuna
18th December 2006, 05:10 AM
welcome and a beautiful pup you have!

Coco's mom
18th December 2006, 05:24 AM
icon_welcome to you and Indy!
Sounds like you have a wonderful puppy! Others on the forum also are working with their cavs to become therapy dogs- and I believe there are quite a few certified. That's a great goal. I hope I can work with Coco towards that too.
Look forward to seeing more of you and Indy! :flwr:

Denni
18th December 2006, 06:07 AM
Cavaliers are the most amazing little creatures. :luv: You will never ever be able to be without one or two or three or more in your life again. :lol: Welcome and keep us posted on her progress to become a therapy puppy.

molly+charlies mum
18th December 2006, 11:12 AM
hello and icon_welcome to you and indy :)

Joanne M
18th December 2006, 08:52 PM
I think I know exactly how you feel. Tucker is my first pet, my first dog, and I consider the day I got him to be one of the luckiest days of my life. He fills my heart in ways I had never imagined.

Welcome aboard :)

Zippy
18th December 2006, 09:25 PM
Your pup is sooooo cute!

Looks like pup is waiting for Santa...lol

Once you've fallen in love with a Cavalier, you'll never want to be without at least one.

Cavalier_attitude
27th December 2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes from everyone! I am really enjoying the site and everyone's willingness to share!

PamH
4th January 2007, 12:02 PM
What a little love! I agree with Joanne, my little Maddy has captured my heart. Even though I have had dogs before, not one has been such a snugglebug and made me feel so protective.
Pam

Maxxs_Mummy
5th January 2007, 09:14 PM
Your baby is gorgeous and I cannot agree more with the others. I would give my life for my babies, I love them that much :lotsaluv:

I really couldn't imagine life without at least one Cavalier now - even my hubby who had previously only owned big dogs, tells everyone how wonderful Cavaliers are and that they shouldn't have anything else! :lol:

Huguette
5th January 2007, 09:18 PM
icon_welcome to you and your lovely baby !