• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grunting and groaning...

Donald Duck

I don't know what else to call it but whenever we're playing with Huey (tickling him, playing tag etc.) he makes these grunting or groaning noises... it sounds almost like he's trying to say something but can't get it out. It isn't a growl, Huey doesn't get "angry," and he certainly knows how to bark (which he rarely does), this is more playful. Is this a normal Cav thing or is it just Huey?

Well our Laci is over 2 years old now and from the time we first got her, if you turn her over on her back while you are playing with her, she makes noise. Now that she is older it does sound like growling, and she gets so loud that you'd think she was going to rip you apart. My husband, what I call, hand wrestles with her and really gets her going, but all he has to do is say... ouch ouch and she stops and starts licking his hand just as fast as that little tongue will go. She also gets going pretty good when you play tug of war with her with a sock. The other day she and I were playing and I was growling back at her, then I "barked" at her and she let go of that sock and looked at me like I was nuts!

Nean

yea mi Monty makes like a moaning/groaning sound when being rubbed on his stomach or being groomed....i think he's just enjoying it

Cody does this too!! It CRACKS ME UP!! He does it a lot when he is really frustrated and he wants to play, but no one else does. He pounces Wesley and gets ignored, he will pass on Stewie (because he doesn't want a smack down) and if I am working, Cody will just roll around on his dog bed and moan, groan and growl!! It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. :lol:

Chester grunts and groans too when he's being rubbed/scratched/snuggled with. It's not unlike what I do when I'm getting a shoulder rub!

OMG look at the face on Huey!!! :lotsaluv: He has such an expressive, mischeivious look, it's just too much! :D
Ok about the growling/grunting thing, I don't know if it's a Cav thing exclusively, but Riley makes a number of sounds. If we are playing with him or if he is playing on his own he makes ranges of sound from "monkey" to "hyena" to a miniature "Chewbacca". Most of the time I wonder what kind of animal strangers would think he is based on these sounds because he does not sound like a dog. :lol: But particularly if he is on his back the grunts and growls happen. It's rather funny listening to them isn't it? It would be interesting to have a gallery of sounds from each of our dogs wouldn't it, just so we could all be amused by what they sound like. :)

yeah cookie dus the same. when we have people over they think she's growling and get scared... but shes jumping about, tail wagging on overdrive....shes just very noisy!!!

Back