PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a cavalier gift for themselves

Karlin
19th December 2006, 02:02 PM
Just published:

http://www.laughingcavaliers.com/in-fact-and-fancy.htm

Am told this is really lovely, if expensive at nearly $60 before postage and packing! Maybe one to put on Santa's list...

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 02:04 PM
I like the chapter preview! There are alot of very sweet photos in this book! It might make a good coffee table book! I might have to throw the link my hubby's way... hint hint hubby!

Karlin
19th December 2006, 02:20 PM
I just ordered it for my cavalier library! :) I'll collect it when I am out in the US. Heading over on Thursday, via Chicago.

GudrunTheRed
19th December 2006, 04:45 PM
I have her first book and it's amazing. Tons and tons of very useful info and gorgeous photos too. I'm asking for this new one for my Birthday in March!

Kodee
19th December 2006, 05:03 PM
wow the pictures are beautiful - not just cause they are cavaliers, but from a good design view. And the info in those preview chapters prove this book is not all fluff and hairspray either!

hmmm too late christmas but birthdays are closing in hubby....

Nicki
19th December 2006, 06:04 PM
Dear Father Christmas...I have been really really good this year...and I promise to be very good next year too...

Hmm do you think that will pass muster :lol: :lol:

Oh this looks fabulous Karlin, thanks so much for letting us know...just breaking open the piggy bank, and the Fab Four's piggy banks...and looking for loose change under the sofa cushions...

I NEED this book :D

If there is interest in the UK it might be worth seeing what they would quote to ship over a number of books...esp with the dollar so low at the moment, it wouldn't be quite so bad...they would ONLY be £30.50...

gocamping
19th December 2006, 07:29 PM
I have heard wonderful things about this author. I sent the link to my hubby, but it doesn't look like he is taking the hint. :(

Linda
19th December 2006, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't mind ordering one of these in the New Year, Any Canadians interested in getting together to save on shipping and book costs.

I don't think ordering it now, it would arrive on time.

Mic
19th December 2006, 08:16 PM
I ordered mine a few weeks ago and just received shipping notification. It'll probably come while I'm out of town, but at least I'll have something to look forward to when I return. I ordered directly from the author's website and it's supposed to be signed. She would have added an inscription, but I couldn't think of anything for her to write.

Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these books yet?

Linda
19th December 2006, 08:21 PM
Mic

I think that Roxanne has one, I know she ordered one a while back.

Karlin
19th December 2006, 09:14 PM
The first ones have only just begun to arrive; some people on the L-list (breeder list) have them and love it.

Just notified that mine has shipped and only ordered it a few hours ago. :) I'll be in California late Thursday night so will let people know what it is like when I get it. The author is a well known breeder.

moniechris
19th December 2006, 11:10 PM
OMGosh!! I want it!! $60 though!!! Geesh...I just bought a new house...furniture or cavalier book.....furniture or cavalier book....hmmmm furniture :shifty: cavalier book....

Karlin
19th December 2006, 11:11 PM
Oh go on, just sit on the floor while you enjoy your new book... :lol:

moniechris
19th December 2006, 11:31 PM
Oh go on, just sit on the floor while you enjoy your new book...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That is exactly what we did when we bought our HUGE tv..The hubby couldn't wait until we have furniture to put the tv on, he just had to have it immediately :roll: Maybe I can use that as an excuse!

Karlin
19th December 2006, 11:39 PM
I'd use it as a pressure point! HDTV vs $60 for a cavalier book? I'd be looking for a second cavalier along with the book to make the trade 'equal'. :lol:

Bruce H
20th December 2006, 12:57 AM
OURS CAME TODAY!!!!!

OMG, it's even better than described on her web site. Worth every penny. I just paged through it very quickly, can't wait to sit down and start reading it. I have a feeling Kris and I are going to be fighting over it though :D

Linda
20th December 2006, 01:04 AM
Come on all you Canadians we can get a real good price if we can pull 10 of us together.

We have 2 so far.

Think warm winter night by the fire, Glass of Wine and a Cavalier on your lap while you enjoy your new book. :D :D

Summer Evening on the deck, Glass of Wine and two Cavaliers on your lap while you enjoy your new book. :D :D :D :D

Linda'nQuincy
20th December 2006, 04:35 AM
Perhaps there are 10 or more in San Diego, Ca who would like copies of this book. Saving on the postage would be nice. The book looks and sounds fabulous!!!

Linda
20th December 2006, 02:42 PM
Perhaps there are 10 or more in San Diego, Ca who would like copies of this book. Saving on the postage would be nice. The book looks and sounds fabulous!!!

You actually save on the book too. :D :D :D :D

merlinsmum
20th December 2006, 07:46 PM
Dear Father Christmas...I have been really really good this year...and I promise to be very good next year too...

Hmm do you think that will pass muster :lol: :lol:

Oh this looks fabulous Karlin, thanks so much for letting us know...just breaking open the piggy bank, and the Fab Four's piggy banks...and looking for loose change under the sofa cushions...

I NEED this book :D

If there is interest in the UK it might be worth seeing what they would quote to ship over a number of books...esp with the dollar so low at the moment, it wouldn't be quite so bad...they would ONLY be £30.50...

I'd be interested but will have to wait until end of January's pay as Decembers has already gone!

Nicki
20th December 2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks Kirsty...I did wonder actually if they might be planning to bring some over for Crufts in March...

I will contact them after Christmas...

Cathy Moon
21st December 2006, 01:22 AM
Oooo, how exciting! When I showed it hubby, he asked me to print the ordering information, so it looks like we're getting one also! :D

Om's Mom
21st December 2006, 04:42 AM
I just ordered one for Omlette's Christmas Stocking.

Of course, I'll have to turn the pages for her. icon_whistling :lol:

Karlin
24th December 2006, 12:13 AM
Ooooh, mine just arrived and it *looked* fantastic --a FEAST of pictures!! -- for the 2 minutes I saw it before my mom spirited it away to her bedroom... :roll:

I agree it is worth every penny; no other book has this great mix of pictures, drawings and prints of historical images in painting etc -- and in a lovely coffee table sized book. This is really a must for any cavalier lover's library.

BonnieB
26th December 2006, 05:35 AM
Mine came last week, but in the Christmas flurry and rush, I've only had a chance to skim through it and look at all the beautiful pictures. I can't wait to cuddle up on the couch with Belle and Magic in front of the fireplace and read it cover to cover.

judy
26th December 2006, 06:34 AM
If i'm reading this right, Barnes and Noble will have these for $49.95 with free fast shipping. If you're a Barnes and Noble member it's $39.95. It's not available until January 28 but maybe would be nearer to more peoples' price ranges who wouldn't get one otherwise.

Click (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780966298512&itm=1)

This looks like such an awesome book, as soon as i recover from holiday related financial hemorrhaging, i'm going to get one. I can't wait. For a long time i've been wishing for a collection of old paintings with cavaliers. Everything looks great in the chapter previews.

Nancy
26th December 2006, 12:41 PM
Wow, that is quite a savings. I probably would have waited for that price, HOWEVER, if you want Barbara to personally dedicate it to you, she does that, and you must do from her site. That was kind of exciting. The book is wonderful!!!!

Roxanne
26th December 2006, 01:37 PM
I'm still waiting for mine ! It was shipped on the 18th ...so I'm worried that its lost out there somewhere !! :yikes

I have her first book ( I bought it from Amazon after they were nowhere to be found ) and paid 170.00 for it ! well worth it too ! Barbara is awsome ! i think the value of her first book will only go up in value as you can no longer buy it unless you get it used .

Cathy Moon
26th December 2006, 03:14 PM
Roxanne, I have her first book, too. Are you talking about the one published in 1998?

moniechris
26th December 2006, 04:53 PM
YAYY!!! Now I can actually get one!! I just got a Barnes and Nobles gift card from Santa :D

judy
26th December 2006, 07:43 PM
She also has another new book coming out at the same time, The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: A tribute in Art. It's a bit more expensive than the other book. boy would i like to have that one too. I will make that a medium range goal and work on visualizing it.....

Cathy Moon
27th December 2006, 03:22 AM
OMG, mine came today, signed by the author! It is lovely. :D

enchantingdragon
27th December 2006, 04:13 AM
I just ordered mine this weekend and I cant wait. How long does it take to ship?

Karlin
27th December 2006, 06:10 AM
Mine just took two days or so but was only going two states away to my parents' house. I think a lot may get tangled in all the holiday post and thus delivery times will vary.

Mic
27th December 2006, 06:11 AM
Mine came in while I was on vacation. It's signed and beautiful...but I sure would have enjoyed saving money if I'd known about it. I'm sure it's worth every penny, though.

enchantingdragon
29th December 2006, 12:56 AM
It was waiting for me when I got home today!!!! I am spending the rest of the evening curled up with it admiring all those beautiful Cavys!