PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo & Such

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 02:13 PM
Questions?!?

1. Does anyone use John Paul Pet Shampoo and Conditioners? (it is the pet version of Paul Mitchell products, I use the human version)

2. Do you need to use puppy shampoo first? (i have always thought this was kind of a gimmik--same ingredients) If so, what age do you move to regular shampoo?

3. Do you use conditioner?

4. I have a family member with allergies who comes to visit... do you recommend AllerpetD? Does it work?

moniechris
19th December 2006, 03:49 PM
I adore the John Paul products. I discovered them last year that the international beauty convention in Orlando (the MOST fun EVER!!) It is supposed to be only for liscenced beauticians but... icon_whistling whatever.

I bought the tea tree shampoo and the moisturizing shampoo. I use the tea tree one for Stewie because he gets hot spots and the moisturizing one smells sooooo good for my cavies. I also have the instant detangling spray that smells like Jasmine and the Almond oil leave in Conditioner.

I love the detangler the most because the smell is so sweet and soft. I will spray it on my boys whenever company comes over just to freshen them up. It makes their hair really silky and gets out any tangles.

I just recently bought the tooth wipes and those are great!! What a difference with their stinky breath!! They are so easy that it makes brushing their teeth a breeze, so I am more likely to do it more often... :?

To answer you questions now that I have done an info-mercial, I never really bothered with the puppy shampoo except for around their faces. It is supposed to be more diluted and not hurt their eyes.

As I said above I used the leave in conditioner because it is lighter and doesn't make their coat oily.

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks... I just love the JPM Products for humans (helps manage my dry and frizzie hair), so I figured I would try The pet line for our little one. I know a few websites sell it... off to do more shopping... poor pocketbook!

Cathy T
19th December 2006, 04:16 PM
I've not tried the JPM products. I use petsilk, only because I've always used it! I use the white for Shelby and black for Jake and the conditioning rinse. I do have puppy shampoo that I use on their faces...no tears kind.

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 06:46 PM
Should I worry about a whiting shampoo for our tri? I want to keep his/her coat brilliantly white, but I dont want to end up bleaching out the rest of it or anything... (can you tell it is the first time with a white-ish dog)

Cathy T
19th December 2006, 11:16 PM
You really don't need to worry about a whitening shampoo when they are very young. In fact, I would stick with a puppy or gentle shampoo for the first year or so. Shelby has lots of white on her and Jake has lots of black. That's why I use a color specific shampoo on each. The whitening really makes a difference on Shelby's coat.

Roxanne
20th December 2006, 02:33 PM
The Petsilk Bright white is also great to use on Tri's and wont make their black dull at all ! its a color enhancer ......so there is no bleaching stuff in it at all. I have a Tri Chi that I use it on bc thats what I use on everybody and they are just brilliant all over ! I LOVE Petsilk !!!!