PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: 5 year old female tri

Karlin
19th December 2006, 08:21 PM
I have a female tri looking for a special home. She's a very shy dog that came from a bad situation originally and has been with her current family for some time. She is not housetrained and is used to being outside during the day and sleeping inside at night.

She needs understanding owners who are not at work all day, who can work with her on her housetraining so that she can become a proper indoor cavalier. She would likely benefit from being in a home with another dog as this would help her learn housetraining very quickly and she loves to be with other dogs as well.

She's had a lot of interest but hasn't found the right match for a permanent home quite yet.

She's a very pretty dog. :)

Karlin
19th December 2006, 08:26 PM
Here she is:

http://static.flickr.com/144/327463468_880dd8165c_m.jpg

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 08:46 PM
ohmy, such a doll baby!

I hope you can find a great home for her!

brid kenny
19th December 2006, 10:11 PM
She's gorgeous!!

casshon
19th December 2006, 10:12 PM
She is really beautiful. She deserves the most perfect home :flwr:

moniechris
19th December 2006, 11:24 PM
Poor little love :( Good luck with finding the PERFECT home for her. She deserves it!!!

Lisa_T
20th December 2006, 12:56 AM
Happy to foster if you need it for this girl at any point- I can arrange to be at home 70% of the time, and have two dogs as you know...

Hope she gets a home soon.

cecily
20th December 2006, 07:44 AM
She's beautiful! I'm sure there'll be queues forming to take her home

sannie
20th December 2006, 04:22 PM
she IS gorgeous, makes me all broody all over again!

Claire L
29th December 2006, 10:54 PM
Would she definitely need to be with other dogs?
She has the most beautiful face....

:flwr:

Karlin
30th December 2006, 05:59 AM
No, she wouldn't NEED to be, not if she was meeting other dogs on walks... :lol:

Claire L
30th December 2006, 09:13 PM
Can everybody please cross your fingers and toes... I just emailed the owner of Penny so hopefully we're in with a chance of having this little lady come to live with us.
Imagine...to be once again owned by a Cavalier!!!!

:xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr:

Lisa_T
30th December 2006, 09:20 PM
Penny... five year old tri from bad situation originally..- this sounds very like the dog I posted about some time ago. I assume the owner contacted you after all Karlin- and it will be fantastic if you get her, Claire! If it's the same dog, apparently she's an absolute love once she gains trust in you.

matties mum
30th December 2006, 10:04 PM
:xfngr: hope it works out Clare----Aileen

Zippy
30th December 2006, 11:08 PM
My fingers and Mary Alices' paws too! :xfngr: :xfngr: :paw: :paw:

I do hope you get her, Claire! ;D

Lani
30th December 2006, 11:13 PM
Lucky and I have our fingers and paws crossed for you Claire!! :flwr:

Cathy Moon
30th December 2006, 11:34 PM
Fingers, toes, and paws are crossed for you, Claire! :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw:

misty
31st December 2006, 10:59 AM
Claire, good luck. Everything's crossed here.

Let us know as soon as you hear anything, won't you?

Mary
31st December 2006, 11:03 AM
Good luck Claire. This little girl would be so lucky to have you!

Alison_Leighfield
31st December 2006, 11:20 AM
OMG Claire, :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: I'm so delighted for you...

that is just the BEST news....we have EVERYTHING crossed here...

It's just so wonderful :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

merlinsmum
31st December 2006, 04:25 PM
All paws, fingers and toes crossed here too!

Claire L
31st December 2006, 04:47 PM
I sent an e-mail last night but as yet, have not had a reply.I guess it's just the holiday period so maybe next week I'll hear something.
In the meantime, we're minding the neighbours dog Beauty so maybe it's just as well if I don't hear anything yet. I wouldn't be able to go get her until after next week. I can't stop thinking about her though...

:flwr: :flwr:

Mic
31st December 2006, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, thinking good thoughts, and saying a little prayer that you two will be united and live happily ever after!

cecily
31st December 2006, 06:39 PM
A match made in heaven for sure!!! :flwr:
Isn't it amazing how these rescue dogs can be the ones doing the rescuing.

Alison_Leighfield
31st December 2006, 06:58 PM

So right there Cecily......amazing also how they seem to "find us" at just the right time as well.... :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

matties mum
31st December 2006, 07:47 PM

So right there Cecily......amazing also how they seem to "find us" at just the right time as well.... :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.
Yes I have got to agree with that----Aileen

Cathy T
31st December 2006, 09:06 PM
Oh Claire....it would be so wonderful if this worked out for you!!

Nicki
31st December 2006, 09:29 PM
only just seen this...oh everything crossed here for you Claire - she is just so sweet, and would be wonderful for you :flwr: :flwr:

Barbara Nixon
1st January 2007, 01:32 PM
I do hope you are successful, Claire. You'll never replace Rudee, but another little dog is exactly what you need.

Claire L
1st January 2007, 01:42 PM
:D It's looking good folks. The word is "we sound like the perfect home"
Keep those fingers crossed. Could ot be Penny (from Heaven)!!!!!

Zippy
1st January 2007, 03:23 PM
Claire,

We're so happy for you!!!

Hope you have Penny home soon!

:rah: Happy New Year!! :rah:

Maxxs_Mummy
1st January 2007, 03:40 PM
{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} I've only just seen this thread :roll: I really hope you and Penny are both lucky enough to get each other :hug:.

Thinking of you and sending you both positive thoughts xxxxx

Nicki
1st January 2007, 03:50 PM
oh Claire...so excited for you now - keep us posted, we're all on the edge of our seats for you....

pippa
1st January 2007, 04:53 PM
Just seen this Claire, fingers and paws crossed here too. :xfngr:

matties mum
1st January 2007, 06:16 PM
:xfngr: :xfngr: Claire oh good ----Aileen

Karlin
1st January 2007, 08:38 PM
I think this would be a great match for Penney. :wggle:

Linda
1st January 2007, 11:10 PM
Oh Dear Claire

I am just reading this thread now, how exciting and I could not think of a better match for Penny. :hug:

Anymore news, do they need to interview you. ????? :jmp2:
Is she far from you Claire ???????

Oh I am so excited for you, I can't wait to hear updates now. :w*w:

I don't think they could place her with anyone more loving than you Claire. :l*v: :hug: :l*v:

What a great start to the New Year if all works out. :xfngr: :xfngr: :w**h**:

Claire L
2nd January 2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes.
We have been in constant contact throughout the day but somehow I don't think Penny will be coming to stay with us :(
Her owner loves her very much and I suspect that she is finding it very hard to let Penny go (who can blame her) If I lived close by I would mind Penny for her during the day and she would not have to go thropugh this turmoil. At the moment I am helping her to investigate all her options regarding Penny so although I am sad for myself, I can't help but want this lady to find a way to keep her little girl. I know that if it were me I would not want to let her go either.So, I would ask everyone to cross your fingers and everything else that this lady can find someone to look after Penny so that she can stay with her Mom.

:flwr: :hug:

Cathy T
2nd January 2007, 12:42 AM
I'll tell you what I'll pray for ... the best solution that fits this girl to a t....be it whatever it is. You have a big heart Claire and if it's meant to be it will be. If it isn't...that's because there is something else that is absolutely perfect in store for you.

Barbara Nixon
2nd January 2007, 01:36 PM
Even if you don't get this dog, Claire, you have made a positive step towards another companion. I'm sure that Karlin, or someone else will soon have news of another little one in need.

Alison_Leighfield
2nd January 2007, 04:00 PM
Everything crossed that she still might find her way to you... :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Linda
2nd January 2007, 04:31 PM
I have a feeling Claire that this little one will find her way to you, I am sorry for the let down. You sound like such a wonderful wonderful person.

Always putting others feelings before your own.
Bless you. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I will still pray and keep my fingers crossed for you. :flwr: :flwr:

Lisa_T
2nd January 2007, 06:38 PM
I happen to know that the girl who currently owns Penney really *DOES* love her and as Claire says, desperately wants to keep her, but I believe circumstances beyond her control intervened. Thus the attempts to rehome Penney. Part of me still hopes Claire will get her, but the other part hopes she'll be able to stay where she is, where she's very much loved.

Still keeping fingers crossed for you, Claire..

misty
2nd January 2007, 06:51 PM
((( Claire ))), you're wonderful trying to help find the best solution for Penny.

If Penny's not the dog for you, then it will be for a reason. As others have said, there is a special needy dog waiting for you somewhere. I believe in fate, but I know how hard the waiting is.

xxx

Claire L
2nd January 2007, 08:04 PM
Penney won't be coming to stay with us. The owner has decided to keep her.

Karlin
2nd January 2007, 08:23 PM
This is a good reason why I wish I had the space to take in dogs myself when people ask for help so that a month of time isn't spent seeking a solution that is refused. At least the dog would be in rescue and the decision to change minds would be done before it affects people wanting to adopt and before others put a lot of time in to try and help resolve what was supposed to be an urgent situation.

Sorry Claire for this disappointment as only 10 days ago this woman was still urgently seeking a home for this dog when some previous possibilities fell through. :x

For a number of reasons I do not think this dog is in the best situation it could be in, or even an adequate situation right now. :?

Zippy
2nd January 2007, 08:35 PM
Claire, I'm very sorry to hear that Penny isn't coming to live with you.

Hopefully, there will be a wonderful doggie wanting to move in soon!
:flwr: :flwr:

matties mum
2nd January 2007, 09:35 PM
Claire I am so sorry that Penny is not going to live with you but there will be a little dog just waiting for you :flwr: Aileen

misty
2nd January 2007, 10:43 PM
oh Claire, what a pity :(

we're all rooting for you and hoping that destiny brings you a perfect cavi friend soon.

Karlin, it is very annoying - this'll sound hard, but in rescue sometimes the humans are harder to manage than the dogs. :roll: And I'm being as polite as I can be. :x

Alison_Leighfield
3rd January 2007, 06:45 AM
oh Claire, what a pity :(

but in rescue sometimes the humans are harder to manage than the dogs. :x

Thats true enough Fran....... :flwr:

Claire :flwr: I am so sorry, we have such hopes for when they come and what we can do and give to each of them....when it's time one will come to your door with no effort...believe me.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

cecily
3rd January 2007, 10:17 AM
Oh that's disappointing on so many levels. Almost the same thing happened to us a couple of months after we lost our first puppy. A friends mother had a one year old tri who could not be kept inside as she had an autistic son who was afraid of him. We were on our way to pick him up when she decided she wanted to keep him after all. We were devastated. And the dog was no better off. Presumably he's still kept pretty much exclusively outside.

So I relate to how you're feeling Claire! :flwr: It's upsetting, but like Barbara said it's an important step towards opening your home to another furry friend in the future. And if we'd gotten that little tri we woudn't have Tandie and Dougal right now, who are our perfect little family :D

Claire L
3rd January 2007, 01:56 PM
:D Start crossing those fingers again! and keep them crossed this time :lol:

Zippy
3rd January 2007, 02:24 PM
Claire,

OK, everything is crossed at our house! :paw: :paw: :xfngr: :xfngr:

I won't ask but I'll guess it's about a doggie! :lol: :lol:

Yeah!! :rah:

matties mum
3rd January 2007, 02:39 PM
:xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: All the dogs have everything cross and so do I :xfngr: ----Aileen

Vickie
3rd January 2007, 02:48 PM
:xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: thinking of you Claire :hug:

Alison_Leighfield
3rd January 2007, 03:22 PM
So what are you up to now then Claire??? :lol: :lol: :lol: let us know...please!

Everything crossed here for you, we so badly want you to have a fur baby to hug again :lotsaluv:

:xfngr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Mic
3rd January 2007, 04:40 PM
Ohhhhh...I'm so "crossed" for you I look like a pretzel!
:yikes There's a scary mental image for ya.

I'll say a little prayer that a perfect match is found and some lucky dog finds its way into your life...sooner rather than later, preferably!

Zippy
3rd January 2007, 10:33 PM
Hi Claire,

I'm getting really, really curious....still have everything crossed though!!

We've been thinking about you all day...sending doggie love from Mary Alice and positive thoughts for whatever you're up to...lol

Oh, please let it be the arrival of a gorgeous Cavvie!! :xfngr: :xfngr: :paw: :paw:

molly
3rd January 2007, 11:34 PM
Oh Claire, I have everthing that can be crossed overlapped for you. I send my wishes that you have your dreams come true.

Cathy T
4th January 2007, 03:06 AM
Everything I have is crossed for you...I even crossed Jake and Shelby's paws for you!!

On a side note...yes, Karlin, it is so much better if someone is not given the opportunity to "think" about it. I had one turned over for re-home and she was on the verge of leaving with the dog instead of turning him over. When I asked her how she would handle the situation she admitted she had no idea she just couldn't bear the thought of giving him up. When I explained I could take him right there at that moment and he would live with me up until I found the perfect home she finally let her brain do the thinking. Now....this boy is in a fantastic home and she has her life back with her family. All's well.

Maxxs_Mummy
4th January 2007, 12:58 PM
{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} I just turned round and both the boys were lying in their baskets with their paws crossed - they must have known you need good luck :flwr:

Keeping everything crossed for you hun, can you let us into your secret soon? Big hugs for you xxxxx

Nicki
4th January 2007, 06:44 PM
Oh Claire I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Penny - it obviously wasn't meant to be for somereason, just very hard on you to have the disappointment - big hugs for you :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Everything crossed for the new possible :D

Mic
6th January 2007, 04:00 PM
News: The GOOD with the Bad
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6322&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Maxxs_Mummy
6th January 2007, 05:41 PM
Poor Claire is really suffering. I hope someone can help her out for a few days. If I was nearer I'd take Penny for her. I know how much she's missed her little Rudeepoohs and really deserves this little one :flwr:

Zippy
6th January 2007, 05:43 PM
Claire, I hope your back is better soon, sorry to hear that it's so bad.

Get well soon! :flwr: :flwr:

matties mum
6th January 2007, 05:59 PM
Oh Clare hope that your back is better soon I bet you cannot wait to get penny hope some one can help I would if I was in Dublin----Aileen

Mic
15th January 2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

In case anyone is looking for an update with PICTURES!!!