PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of dog strollers?



KingstonsMom
19th December 2006, 09:45 PM
My mother just offered to buy Kingston a red Pet Gear AT3 stroller for Christmas. I've kind of been wanting one for him, but I can't decide. What do you guys think of dog strollers?

I agree that dogs should walk when they can, but I could use the stroller for taking long jogs or going to the mall. It might be useful, but then again I might feel incredibly silly pushing my dog around.

Anybody have an opinion? :)

Cicero's Mummy
19th December 2006, 10:03 PM
I think there was a thread on here not too long ago about doggie strollers...


edited to add link:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=55333&highlight=#55333

Justine
19th December 2006, 10:41 PM
Please tell me what are dog strollers ?

Shay
19th December 2006, 11:51 PM
Lilke a pram or baby buggy, but for dogs.

Shay
19th December 2006, 11:57 PM
KingstonsMom: I have only seen one, when my hubby and I were on vacation. There was a little chihuahua (sic?) in it. I think they are neat, but I think my husband would refuse to walk with me if I had one. Every time we go to the pet store, and I point it out to him, he just rolls his eyes. I'm like you, I think I may feel weird with one, but I can see where the would be useful it certain situations.

Zippy
20th December 2006, 12:18 AM
I saw one yesterday, in the food store! ;D

It had a big cat in it and the lady was elderly but loved taking "Tommy" with her. lol

Shay
20th December 2006, 12:21 AM
That's sweet.....

alibunnylady
20th December 2006, 12:31 AM
I have a dog stroller, I got it for when I need to take Molly my giant bunny to the vets, I can't carry her, she's way too big! lol!

Alison

moniechris
20th December 2006, 12:54 AM
I subconsciously want one sooo bad, but I just won't admit it to myself!! I would love to take my boys with me everywhere and they are too big to carry in the store. :( The stroller would be a great solution but I just don't have the gall to push one around. I think I would feel very silly. But I do admire all of you that do it and I am soooo jealous!! We live in a big city, but it has a very "small town feel" and I would feel like the crazy dog lady if I pushed one around...not that I am not already. Heck I spend about 80% of my spare time on this site and quote it frequently, not to mention the other 20% is spent shopping for my dogs :roll:

Give me a month to get used to the concept, and I can guarantee that I will have one.

Cathy T
20th December 2006, 01:04 AM
:D I've learned to just grin and ignore it! :lol: