• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Petote

When I flew with my pup in Oct we looked qiuite a bit at several different totes and I feel the best one is Petote http://www.petote.com/ It's a great size and very comfortable. One of the very imporant features to me was the strap inside that clips to your dogs harness that way they can't escape through the flap. Indy was perfect on the flights and the attendants even asked if I had drugged her since she was so good! The takeoff noises during the flight the first time we flied frightened her and she seemed to want out then for a couple of seconds so the strap came in handy but that was the only time she was uncomfortable. She slept for the rest of both flights. I also used the tote some during my trip and before it taking her in it into places like Hallmark to get her used it. I also gave her little treats when I put her in her carrier and then after I took her out and that really seemed to help her actually like the carrier. I took her into a cafe where my sister works and none of her employees ever even knew she was there because she's so well mannered (and this carrier can look like an oversize purse from afar)! Anyway, long story short I highly endorse the petote. We had tried Pet Flies and Sherpa but neither were near as nice as the petote. I felt the Sherpa was too flimsy and and the Pet Flies was too small and I didn't like the fac that it didn't have a flap so that you could get to your dog without opening the main door. Also Pet Flies are very hard so that it would be difficult to manipulate in a tight spot. With Petote you can just turn it on it's side and slide it right under the seat in front of you on the plane. I was lucky enough to have empty seats next to me on both flights so that after take off she slept in her carrier in the seat. Good luck and have fun on your trip!

mmm, and which size do you use for your baby?

I'm looking for something similar because I travel a lot and I want to bring Lia with me qhen I go to see my parents!

I chose the Celltei over the Petflys and Sherpa for similar reasons and for the reason that it doesnt look too much like a regular carrier.

I have the Celltei Lite in Camo... I didn't want to run the risk of someone swiping my doggie!! :) You never know the characters out there these days and I think the Celltei lite in camo and the backpaks are more resembling luggage, so I can lower my risk of a dog knapping!

Talk about nice design!! Is that ever great. Have to show this to Kris for when we have to replace our Sherpa.

This all reminded me of a tip Kris got (and uses) a while back for those of you who prefer a larger crate for your dog when you get to your destination. When she has to fly to shows, she carries the dog in our Sherpa, but the grooming supplies and a lot of her luggage get packed in a regular plastic crate and is checked like regular baggage. Then, when she gets to the hotel, the crate is unpacked and the dog has it's own regular plastic crate.

Back