• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First Visit to the vet

cecily

... and last for a while PG :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr:

Dougal is a beautifully healthy puppy. He's currently 3 and a half kg with plenty of skin to grow into :lol: My God did he cry though when he got microchipped!! :( :lol:

Our vets were VERY surprised though that he'd already had his first 7 in 1. As I said before with the last puppies the vets were doing a three stage vaccination. A small shot around 6-8 weeks, the 7 in one at 12 weeks and a final shot two weeks after that.
They thought Dougal was extremely young to have had his 7 in 1 (at 9 weeks of age).

Anyway he said it's OK to bring Dougal out and about from now on. Now, I didn't like to question a vets professional opinion, but is this the norm? I rememer having to wait a couple of weeks after Aggie's last vaccination and most books say 12 weeks, but then he was that bit earlier getting his vaccinations.

Vaccination was taken in his stride and he's a bundle of energy this morning. He's also the first pup ever that hasn't had diarrhea constantly for the first week. Firm poos!!!! :w**h**:

Great to hear he's getting on well.
As far as i know after 2 weeks after vac they can go out.
How's he getting on with the heartbeat?

I think it depends on when the final puppy vacs are given. Amber had all of hers done by the time she was ten and a half weeks, so after a couple of days settling in time she was out and about with me in her bag. Which she's now outgrown :x . It's funny how some pups have such strong tummies, isn't it? Holly's was always rather soft, but not actual runs. Amber's have beenperfect from day one.

Long may it continue :lol: :lol:

Delighted that your pup is so healthy :jump:

I'd wait longer as there's no harm in being extra cautious. I always add an extra week to what our vet recommends.

brid kenny said:
Great to hear he's getting on well.
As far as i know after 2 weeks after vac they can go out.
How's he getting on with the heartbeat?

Really well Bríd thanks!
He settles very well at night. He hasn't woken me up once. He's slept through the night no problem. He's crated in our room so we'd hear him if he needed to go out but so far so good! He loves his bed. Sometimes hard to get him out of it :lol: :roll:

cecily said:
My God did he cry though when he got microchipped!!

Poor baby... those microchip needles are really big to shoot that little chip in under the skin. My vet likes to microchip when they are being fixed so they are under at the time.

The two new puppies havnt been microchipped yet.. not looking forward to it because it is so painful for them. But hey it is a necessary pain and has to be done.

{{{{{{{{Cecily & Billy}}}}}}}} you two so deserve little Dougal. A wonderful, healthy baby to love :hug:

Glad he's settled well and is sleeping for you - it's worse than bringing home a new human baby :lol:

Back