• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Cooper's knee

cooper&fergus

Hey everybody. It's now 2 weeks today since we took Cooper home from his knee op. He's doing really well. He had his stitches out Monday and the vet was really happy with how everything is healing so far. He has another 2 weeks of being carried out from his pen to the toilet and then has another check up when hopefully he can start some physio / rehab stuff.

He is very comfortable on his leg, and is walking pretty normally on it. He hates being in the pen now he feels so good and has taken to whining / crying a lot when he's in there. We have been giving him regular cuddles on the sofa and on the bed with us but then we put him back in his pen and he looks at us so sadly with his beautiful eyes.."mummy and daddy, why are you keeping me in here? Why does Fergus get to play and I can't? etc etc!!!"

He loves when he gets to go outside for toilet breaks and since it's the only time he's walking outside the pen he leads us around on his lead for ages to find the absolute perfect spot to do his business!

His brother Fergus is pretty good about it all although is a bit jealous of the extra attention Cooper is getting and that he's getting carried around everywhere> Every now and then we pick up Fergus and carry him around the house so he doesn't feel too left out. Yep that's lots of dog carrying for me 22 weeks pregnant and my hubby with a bad back!

All in all things are going well but I can't wait till my little boy can have his freedom back...I pity the poor birds in the backyard he likes to chase! :D

that's great news that cooper is healing up good. you're doing a wonderful job making the best out of the challenges of the situation. i can imagine how hard it must be to limit him for his own good with him not able to understand and being frustrated. but it sounds like he's putting up with it after all. good for you, making fergie feel special too. i hope you are not overdoing it though! glad everything is progressing and you are all getting through it. :)

Glad he's doing so well! It was so hard when we had to confine Shelby and let Jake run around. They were both completely confused. Jake showed an unusual tender side to him and would lay next to Shelby's pen and comfort her. When you get that first day of freedom.....yippeey!!!

Glad to hear he's doing well!

Geordie used to keep India company right outside her x-pen, too. They would chew their bully sticks facing each other, like they were out on a dinner date. :lol:

Glad to hear he's doing so well. The hardest part is when they are feeling better because they can't understand why they have to stay cooped up! Keep up the good work and he'll be fine :flwr:

Back