• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

HELP!!!! potty disaster!

Laura&Lia

Hi,

Lia and I are in Mallorca to see my parents. First day she went potty outside very well. Now its raining, and it will be raining until next sunday!!!!!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes
She doesn't want to go outside when its raining, and less to go potty.
Neither want use the papers again (she's well trained outside at home in Barcelona). She is peeing when she can. We are using tha crate.

Any idea?I don't like very much Lia's idea of using the rug as a pad :sl*p:

Typical cavalier. My boys hate rain and will only go out if desparate, then do a very quick wee in the passage between house and garage. Do you have a relatively sheltered place like this that you could take Lia to ?

The only way that I've found to help this issue (my girls started with it, though they're doing better now) is to put your jacket on, get an umbrella, put them on a leash and go out with them. Stand in one spot, and let the dog go around you at the end of the leash (unless it wants to stay close under the umbrella).

Even Cedar, who has to find the PERFECT spot, is pretty quick when it is raining!

we did what Moviedust did, LOL.. except for without the umbrella.. I trained Kosmo to go outside by going out in the soaking rain and standing there for a few minutes.. He got DRENCHED. I said "go potty go potty" about 3 minutes and i stayed out there until he finally went.. That worked pretty fast because now when we go he RUNS, squats, and RUNS back in, LOL.

I did what Moviedust suggests, that was the only way to get them to go! :roll:

Now they are grown up and will go outside in the rain unaccompanied. :)

Back