• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Medical issues & bragging (an odd combo...)

RockNRollCav

First of all, I have to apologize for not being on the board in forever. It is a very busy time of year, and work has really ramped up for me, so I just don't have any free time. But, I had a minute, so I wanted to update you on Corgan

So, Corgan is more of an angel than I even realized. This is his first Christmas, and he is VERY interested in the tree and presents, but so far has only opened one (before we even had the tree up! :yikes ). When we're not home, he stays in the kitchen with plenty of toys and a crate (our kitchen is the size of an X-pen, roughly!). Well, the other night we went out for my company Christmas party, and when we returned, the gate to the kitchen had been knocked over and Corgan was out. We immediately thought "Oh no, he's destroyed the tree and packages". Fortunately, we were wrong! He had had one potty accident in the house (more details on that below) and was an angel otherwise. I'm so proud I'm beaming!

On a different note, we had to take him to the vet the next morning because he had had the accident I mentioned here, and had had diahrreah (sp?) accidents in his crates 2 nites in a row - these were the first three poo accidents he's had since we got him! So, we took him to the vet, who gave us Metronidazole for his stomach, and told us to take away ALL of his treats (no bully sticks, no cow ears, no hooves, no raw hide, etc). We also asked about his left hind that we noticed he was limping on the day before. She tested his patellas - no problems there. She watched him walk, did some more poking and prodding, and thinks he's probably got a partially torn ligament in his knee :( So, in addition to taking away his "keep me out of trouble" chews, he's also taking Rimadyl and is on bed rest for 10 days! It's been 3 days so far and he's doing pretty well with it - better than I had thought, actually - but I feel so bad because I know he wants to run and play and he's not allowed :(.

Only 7 days to go!! I'll try to post photos soon :)

Jenni

My goodness you had a lot going on. We used to give metro to Jake when he got the runs. Also....we would feed him hill's science diet canned i/d food and absolutely nothing more. He would really get an upset tummy with rawhide (or else barf it up later) so we just outlawed that all together. Glad to hear he doesn't have a patella issue though. Do they think just rest with heal the ligament?

And Corgan....good boy on escaping and not destroying the house. I bet once he got out there he thought "oh jeez....now what am I gonna do? Wish I was back where I knew I was safe"

Hi Cathy,

Yes, our vet thinks rest will heal the tear - it's too minor for surgery. He didn't even whimper or anything while she was manipulating it.

We're going to try the different chews one at a time after he's better and see which cause the tummy upsets, and we will eliminate those from his diet :)

Great that he doesn't have to have surgery and it will most likely heal on its own. That's what I did with the chews...tested them and eliminated what didn't work. Jake definitely cannot tolerate rawhide or Milkbones.

What a champ!!!! I'm sure he is enjoying all the extra lovin'.

Hope you solve the upset tummy. Boo couldn't tolerate pigs ears, etc. They love Greenies...doesn't last as long...but it's supposedly good for them only side effect is green poop :yuk:

Good Boy after his escape!!
Hope Corgan is back to his puppy self soon!!
Love and Licks...
Boo & Punkin'

zack gets a very ugly stool from rawhide.
I am trying Pegetables. I can say for sure that the celery Pegetable does not cause any poop symptom in Zack. I am not yet sure about the carrot Pegetable, i will test it tomorrow. I haven't tried the corn cob Pegetable yet. But they can last him a long time and keep him occupied. He will leave it and come back to it later.

judy said:
I am trying Pegetables. I can say for sure that the celery Pegetable does not cause any poop symptom in Zack. I am not yet sure about the carrot Pegetable, i will test it tomorrow. I haven't tried the corn cob Pegetable yet. But they can last him a long time and keep him occupied. He will leave it and come back to it later.

Ymmm...they sound tasty. And I like that they last longer. Sounds like a great last minute Christmas present for puppies!!! :w**h**:

scuffer said:
judy said:

Ymmm...they sound tasty. And I like that they last longer. Sounds like a great last minute Christmas present for puppies!!! :w**h**:

I totally love the Pegetables! They are awesome... some doggies I know are getting them in thier stocking courtesy of Aunt Raven!

Back