PDA

View Full Version : VALE Cookie

kyla_QLD_cavalier_rescue
22nd December 2006, 10:05 AM
Good evening all.

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform everyone that Cookie has passed over to the Rainbow Bridge.

It was discovered late yesterday that Cookies tired little body was riddled with Cancer, and her heart failing at a rapid rate.

It was a hard decision to make, but I decided that I would take her home for one more night of luxury with roast chicken and sleep with me in my bed before she was humanely put to sleep at 9am this morning.

So, everyone needs to go out on their porches tonight and have a look up into the sky, when you find the brightest star, you can say ' Merry Christmas Cookie, youve made it home'. The brightest star in the night sky will be my bewtiful old girl. I might not have had her for very long, but she will always have a place here at 'Cavyla', and her ashes will join all my others who have crossed to the bridge also on my memorial table.

God bless all and make sure you hug your babies extra tight tonight.

Big love
Kyla and the furbabies

merlinsmum
22nd December 2006, 10:32 AM
Thinking of you. Sending big :hug: 's to you from across the world :flwr:

Vickie
22nd December 2006, 12:55 PM
Oh Kyla :cry*ing:

sending you big :hug: 's, thank you for making her last days better than she could dream of.

Take care of yourself.

Alison_Leighfield
22nd December 2006, 01:48 PM
Dearest Kyla,

I'm sure she felt all the love in your heart that you had for her when she crossed over the bridge, you gave her everything she needed for her to cross over peacefully.....she knew you cared.

Cherish the memorys of the few special days that you shared together and I will be watching out for the brightest star in our skys tonight.

Run free little one,

Take care Kyla,

Alison, Wilts, U.K. xxx

sramirez
22nd December 2006, 04:22 PM
What cherished moments - it doesn't take a dog's lifetime to find the love that hits us so fast. You're an angel for keeping Cookie's final days so filled with love.... she was so beautiful.

Sheri

Lani
22nd December 2006, 04:27 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your news. :flwr:

What a lovely tribute you gave to your sweet Cookie and I hope the wonderful memories of your time together will help you as you deal with the pain of losing her. I'll be looking for Cookies star in the skies tonight too. :hug:

Cathy T
22nd December 2006, 04:46 PM
I'm so glad that sweet girl knew what love was in her last days. Bless your incredibly big heart for giving her some comfort in her last days and doing what was best for her. I will look up tonight and wish Cookie a very Merry Christmas and will hug my babies extra today in Cookie's memory.

Cicero's Mummy
22nd December 2006, 06:44 PM
my deepest sympathies! :hug:

Maxxs_Mummy
22nd December 2006, 10:17 PM
{{{{{{{{Kyla}}}}}}}} Thank you for making this little one's final days so happy :hug: May she now run free at the Bridge, free from pain and suffering xxxxx

Nicki
22nd December 2006, 10:32 PM
So sorry to hear about poor Cookie - but thank you that her last days were happy and she was loved.

I will look for the brightest star and think of you. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

moniechris
23rd December 2006, 03:35 AM
Oh Kyla,

You are so wonderful for taking her in and showing her what the life of a beloved cavie really should be. It was a blessing you received her when you did, so she wouldn't have to spend the last of her days under the highway... It really makes me feel like there is a plan for each of us, and you just fufilled a piece of yours. What a Christmas miracle. God is great in that way.

She is in my heart this Christmas, as are you.

Karlin
23rd December 2006, 03:51 AM
*ng*l

So sorry to hear she is so ill :(; but you are wonderful to give her such a gentle sending off, not least compared to the way she was found. This is the hardest part of rescue, making such decisions when you are focused on helping save lives. But sometimes rescue is about making caring and humane, but very difficult decisions. :flwr:

Joanne M
23rd December 2006, 03:52 AM
Oh Kyla. I'm so sad. :( Thank you for giving Cookie the loving send off she deserved.

matties mum
24th December 2006, 12:12 AM
Oh Kyla. I'm so sad. :( Thank you for giving Cookie the loving send off she deserved.
:cry*ing: ---Aileen

Coco's mom
24th December 2006, 08:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Cookie. It's wonderful that she had you in her last days. Every dog deserves that love. :flwr:
Thinking of you. :flwr:

JaneB
26th December 2006, 01:51 PM
Kyla,
What a sad, but sweet ending for dear Cookie. What a blessing she came to you for her final hours. If it is true that dogs "live in the now," Cookie went to the bridge feeling loved and cared for and it is what she knew last. What a wonderful way to end her days. Thank you for loving her and letting her go in peace. All the stars will shine brighter with her in the heavens.
JaneB

Mic
27th December 2006, 06:10 AM
Awww...I just finished reading and posting on the other thread and was so saddened to read this. I guess God knew Cookie deserved an angel and sent you to make sure she experienced love and care in her final days. Thank you from all the Cookies in the world.

robynmp
27th December 2006, 06:21 AM
Thank you a million times over...it's posts like these that remind us how important every second with our babies is....
Thank you for loving Cookie so much and giving her the ending she deserved

Cathy Moon
28th December 2006, 04:54 AM
I have been trying to post to this thread several times, but I become speechless in tears for little Cookie. :cry*ing:

Bless you for being so kind and loving to Cookie. You're making this world a better place.

Denni
28th December 2006, 05:09 AM
Thank you for not letting her die "tied up on the side of a 6 lane HWY", and giving her love and hope for a better future.

PamH
3rd January 2007, 03:26 AM
I am sitting here crying. It is so sad. I admire you so much for what you do.
Pam