• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

10 days without Ginger, its gonna be hard.

Gingers Mommy

Hi Everyone,
happy holidays to you all.
My family and I are leaving for a vacation tomorrow and I cannot bring Ginger with us :(
Shes staying with a lovely woman that shes stayed with before. This girl doesnt work (well shes an artist, but shes home all day with the pups) and shes got a toy poodle of her own and then only takes in 2 other dogs. So ginger will be staying with her. She treats her extremely well so I have nothing to worry about.
But im about to cry even with her sitting on my lap right now because I know im going to miss her to bits!
My Family doesnt really understand how i can be so obsessed with this beautiful creature so I can't really talk to them about it and tell them how bad i'll be missing her. Luckily I can tell my husband the whole time! He took poloroid pics of her last night and packed them in our luggage!
Normally Id take her with me anywhere I go, but its a cruise and we are celebrating my parents 40th wedding anniversary and my moms 65th birthday, so there wasnt much I could do. And also im sure its going to be amazing i just dont want to be a miserable person the whole time (which I tend to be when gingers not around!)
Well if anyone has any good suggestions of how to not miss her as much! Let me know!
Thanks for reading.

that sounds painful...
listen to that Tracy Chapman song, The Promise...
:d*g: :cry*ing: :l*v:

Can't help you, I'm afraid. You can take some comfort in the fact that she will be well taken care of.

Here's an extreme example of what some people do for their dogs. We rehomed our boy Lazer when he retired from our breeding program a couple years ago. Every year his family goes to Hawaii on vacation for two weeks and he comes to our house while they are gone. You have no idea how much I look forward to that. Well two weeks ago we got a call from them saying they had cancelled their vacation because the wife and daughter couldn't bear being away from Lazer again!!

While I'm really disappointed that he won't be here, I'm overjoyed that we definately found the right family to place him with.

It's good to have a place where we can express these feelings without feeling foolish. My family does not understand how attached I am to Tucker. If they were LUCKY enough to have a cavalier they would completely know what its like to leave them behind even for a few hours. Perhaps you can look at it like Ginger is having a vacation too. I don't know if cellphones work from a cruise, but if they do, maybe you can call Ginger so she can hear your voice. Most importantly enjoy the cruise and feel good knowing that you left her in loving and capable hands. Maybe you'll get a painting of Ginger when you get home!

Oh that's really really hard! I wish I could help you! In October I had to leave Coco for 4 days (with family) while I was in England- I hate to say that it was pretty difficult. However, if you concentrate on what you are there for, the time will go by faster and you'll have fun. And, I agree with Bruce- at least you don't have to worry about Ginger while you are away. Try to have fun! Ginger will be wagging her tail waiting for you when you are back. :flwr:

Thanks guys. You are all right. I know she'll be in great hands so I dont have to worry, and I should think of it like her having her own vacation as well. Im going to try and enjoy my vacation as best I can and I know the sitter will be sending us emails with pictures and we'll get to call her when we are on land.
Thanks for your suggestions.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
xoxox

Back