• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do u share your bed with your dog? PICTURES

*Pauline*

Well I don't for practicle reasons, the bed is too high, I need my sleep, Dylan is restricted to lounge and kitchen for now. But...this doesn't stop us sharing his bed!!
321448944_0332a686b1.jpg

321448945_de2e4b280d.jpg

330747007_d5fe75a810.jpg

(This is just the lounge bed, he sleeps in a crate for safety.)

Those are great pics! :flwr: So sweet.

As my "family" has grown, I am definitely considering retraining the pups to sleep in their own beds or their crates. Tilly is fine with sleeping in her crate, but she is also only 9 weeks old (and yes, Josh has yet to take her home!) It was fine when it was just Spencer, and it was manageable when Izzy was a pup, but now they are both full grown and just restless! Izzy moves from my head to the foot to under the covers back to my head and so on. :roll:

My advice, don't create this habit if you don't plan on it being permanent, because that is what I am guilty of... icon_whistling

That bed is only the one we keep in the lounge for when we are with Dylan. Our wooden floors are cold. He sleeps with no fuss at all in the kitchen in his crate. But I know what you mean, start as you mean to go on. :flwr:

I started as I meant to go on ... but Tucker changed my mind for me and now he sleeps with me. Tucker has a dog bed in the living room by the fireplace. He's also got a gorgeous dog bed in my bedroom, however, whenever my nieces slept over he always got into bed with them. When the kids went home, at bedtime he cried by the side of my bed to get into mine. It's so high off the floor, unless I leave a ottoman next to the bed he cannot make the leap. When I didn't give in to his crying he went into his bed, and then he began thrashing the blankets about. Seconds later he emerged, and ran out of the bedroom down the hall to the living room and jumped into his doggy bed there. When I got up, and investigated his bedroom bed (probably too many beds I know) I discovered he had peed that bed. I believe he did it deliberately because he didn't want to sleep in it. Then for a few nights he'd sleep in the living room, the weekend would roll around, the kids sleeping over, Tucker in bed with them, and the cycle would start all over. Because of this inconsistency I realized Tucker wasn't being so unreasonable, my expectations were. Nonetheless, I eventually allowed him to sleep with me and I don't mind at all. But I've only got one!

Since I live with two horses and a pissy pants (Wesley, Cody and Stewie), our bed is only accessible to them in the morning in between getting ready for work. I would love to sleep with my boys, but there would be no rest for the weary.

Stewie growls and snarls if you roll over in the middle of the night and accidently touch him, Cody likes to sleep ON your face and Wesley is a pillow hog. They do just fine in the kennel. I can hear Stewie growl through two closed doors whenever anyone touches him in there :lol: .

How sweet that Dylan is willing to share his bed with you :D Neither of ours sleeps with us but I love taking naps with them.

Oh those pictures are just precious! Yes, my 2 dogs sleep on the bed with me, I just sleep better with them there, LOL!
[/img]

Sam allways comes to sleep with me when my parents get up before me, and when they're not home (so don't tell them!) I let him on my bed, I love to sleep with him, he's so warm and cuddely! He mostly lies against my back or snuggled up in my 'lap' (I don't know how else to call it):
dodovoortv.jpg

(Can you see him? I hate my head in this pic!)
Or sometimes he lies on top of me icon_whistling (that's not so funny, he allways wakes me when he does that!) or on my feet.

Lily was sleeping with us, but the only one sleeping was Lily. She would get under the covers and go all the way to the foot of the bed. I was afraid she was going to suffocate. Or, she would get in between your legs and rest her head on your knee, so you couldn't move. One night my husband heard a little yelp (I didn't hear a thing, I sleep hard) and pulled back the cover. She had gotten stuck between the foot board and the mattress. :yikes Thank God he heard her.

Anyway, we started putting her in her crate beside the bed about a week ago. She would whine for a while and then stop. Then she would whine again in a couple of hours . Thinking she had to go out, we would get up and take her out. This would happen again a couple hours later. When she was sleeping with us she was sleeping from 10:00 until 6:30 straight through, so we knew she could hold it all night. We then started ignoring her. Then she went to whining just once during the night, and was ignored. And finally, no more whining, and she sleeps until 6:00 or 7:00 (y) It took about a week to break her, but glad we did. Everyone is sleeping better now. :w**h**:

sleeps

Alfie goes to bed with me then hubby comes up about 11.30 and takes him foe wees then puts him in the kitchen which leads to the utility room ,alfs has two beds ,cushions in kitchen and his blankets in the other room.so he gets to choose.Anyway we dont let him sleep with us because he fidgets so much and one nite that we did i woke and found him looking right into my face then the next thing he was on my face wanting to fight.So that was the last straw.

Flynn used to sleep in his crate when he was a puppy and then we moved him to a bed in the kitchen. For the last 2 months he has been sleeping on my bed and I love it :D I always said he would sleep downstairs but somehow he has made his way to my bed!

All 4 of mine sleep on the bed with me, and I am sure when Jingle is old enough she will be up there too. They take up almost 1/2 and I have the other half...so I guess there is room for 1 more on their 1/2. :lol:

All 4 of mine sleep in a queen size bed with me. In fact, they are all there now. We got up at 6 AM and they got fed and then we came back to the bedroom. They quickly fell asleep and I am on the computer paying bills and obviously chatting on this web board.

If you are wondering what pillows are doing on the side of the bed, they are bumpers, so the little ones don't fall over the side of the bed. I have that whole side filled in with blankets and pillows, so they don't get stuck (It has happened before).

331716948_3b66d13d06.jpg

The challenge is making room for me on the bed if I want to go back to sleep. :lol: Don't they look comfortable?

Charleen, just looking at your lovely, sleepy cavvies makes me want to crawl back in bed this morning.l I can almost hear them breathing! :lol:
PS look how big Jolly is getting!!

Back