• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is it ok to feed the puppies a little turkey?

I only ever once tried turkey for my dogs and one had a poorly tum so never gave it again. I know the skin is very bad for them and much too rich.
I always cook a chicken for the dogs a special treat at Christmas.

I gave my boys some turkey today mixed in with their kibble.
I removed all fat and skin they seem to be fine.
:D :D :D

I regularly feed turkey -- usually I boil it into a big stew. Skin is very fatty though and also has something in it that isn't considered good for them so just take off the skin.

I regularly feed one of my girls turkey mince as she cannot have chicken and she is fine.
Julie and the girls

Holly had huge lumps of turkey as a small pup (my father ignored my protests and fed her it anyway :roll: ) and she had a shocking case of runs. Ever since she's only had turkey in small bits, and while her poop is a little loose afterwards, it's nowhere near runny- and I always make sure she gets some spuds or just a decent handful of kibble with it. Amber has no problems with turkey, but I learnt from Holly's experience and she's only had small bits. Ok, a good handful of small bits, but small bits nonetheless. I also gave them some chicken&pumpkin biscuts which I think may have helped in incipient problems.

Monty's breeder reared her dogs on dried food to which she added turkey meat... and he's 11 now, so it didn't do him any harm.

Mary Alice showed that she's a real "turkey gal" yesterday....she kept guard over the turkey....hoping that it'd fall off the counter!! lol

Yes, we're guilty of feeding turkey to our doggies. :lol:

Back