PDA

View Full Version : Maddy to be puppy of the day tomorrow on DailyPuppy.com

PamH
26th December 2006, 10:40 PM
I sent in her pics and she will be the puppy of the day tomorrow. How exciting!

Cathy Moon
26th December 2006, 10:54 PM
Congrats! :D

Zippy
26th December 2006, 11:16 PM
Congratulations!

Shall have to check out her photo! ;D

Which photo are they going to use??

PamH
26th December 2006, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure which will be the main one. They will use several.
Please everyone, give her ten bones and some nice comments.
Pam

PamH
26th December 2006, 11:59 PM
I emailed Maddy's breeder to let her know that Maddy was on dailypuppy.
She said the site is sponsored by puppy mills and she asked me to request that she not be on the site.
I do not want to contribute to puppy mills,
It may be too late to pull her picture as tomorrow's page is probably done, but I can ask that you ignore my request to vote for her etc.
Pam

Nancy
27th December 2006, 01:18 AM
If you look at the side and bottom of most yahoo groups, they too are sponsored by puppyfind.com or various famous mill sites. You can't escpate it, it doesn't mean you endorse it.

Karlin
27th December 2006, 01:35 AM
This is true; there are puppy mill ads in all the cavalier BREEDER discussion lists that have ad sponsorship. It is virtually impossible not to get the ads on any mailing list or site that uses random placement ad services. And a lot of good breeders use the online ad sites that also feature puppy mill and BYB cavaliers because it is important (I think) not to leave those sites just to the junk breeders.

To be honest, I'd politely ignore what the breeder says and enjoy her being featured. :) And we'll come vote for her. :thmbsup:

moniechris
27th December 2006, 03:57 AM
I have seen ads by excellent breeders (also recomended by the CKCS web site) on on puppyfind.com and on dailypuppy.com. It just takes someone who is willing to do their research and ask the right questions to figure out which is which (byb vs puppymill vs GREAT breeders). These websites aren't breed specific and usually aren't going to go through the trouble of researching each and every post so it is up to the buyer to do their homework.

I would be very proud of little Maddy because she is as sweet as pie!! Bask in your glory Maddy-licious!! Be sure to put up the link because she has my vote!!

I can understand your breeder's concern if there was going to be some way of questioning her integrity because of the site, or if there was a fear of getting callers from puppy mills who want her babies...but it is not like you are putting her name and address under Maddy's pic!!

Lani
27th December 2006, 04:07 AM
Pam - congrats to you and Maddy!! Can you send us a link tomorrow to remind us to vote? :flwr: You're little baby is going to be a celebrity!!! How Fun!! :mexwav:

PamH
27th December 2006, 02:37 PM
Here is the link
www.dailypuppy.com

This is what I did. There were already several comments recorded when I went in to the site. So I added a comment myself. I mentioned that I researched and found a good breeder. I also mentioned that she needed a lot of attention and that I was lucky my husband was home most of the day.
This way I feel I have added some information and tried to educate at the same time. It makes me feel better about it.

Lani
27th December 2006, 02:51 PM
I gave her 11 biscuits. :)

Shay
27th December 2006, 02:56 PM
Miss Madelaine just got my 11 biscuit vote. What adorable pictures. I especially like the comment you posted about responsible breeders. That was a great idea.

Lani....I love your Avatar!

Mary
27th December 2006, 03:02 PM
Eleven biscuits for Miss Maddy! She is adorable.

Nancy
27th December 2006, 03:14 PM
She's darling and your post was great about testing. I have never seen a decent breeder advertise on puppyfind.com, except one foreign one who didn't know any better. I had not heard of daily puppy before.

estertje
27th December 2006, 03:18 PM
I gave her 11 biscuits too! :l*v:

moniechris
27th December 2006, 04:28 PM
YAY Maddy!!!! You got some great comments under her pictures!! She is mighty precious! I think she is worth 20 biscuits!! :flwr:

babyC
27th December 2006, 04:31 PM
cutey cutey cutey ! 11 ! ;)

Zippy
27th December 2006, 06:32 PM
11 biscuits from Mary Alice too!

Miss Maddy is beautiful! :flwr:

matties mum
27th December 2006, 08:23 PM
I gave her 11 ----Aileen

Linda
27th December 2006, 11:42 PM
She is adorable, just got another 11 biscuits. :D :D :D :D

Lisa_T
28th December 2006, 12:56 AM
11 from me too. I want a blenhiem like that... :lol: :lol:

Joanne M
28th December 2006, 03:54 AM
awwww Pam she is perfect. I love Maddy's pictures. I of course gave her 11 biscuits. Even if I didn't know her I would have. She is too darn cute.

PamH
28th December 2006, 12:06 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. She really is so special. She is going to the vet today for her shots.
Yesterday, I took her shopping with me and I carried her in a little sling close up against me. She was so quiet and good. I think as long as she is with one of us she is happy.
If I had taken my little yorkie shopping he would have barked at everyone! He used to be awful in the car also and she seems to love it. She's so funny. When we put her in the car we place her inside her sherpa bag and put her in the back seat with the seatbelt locked thru the bag. When we are going somewhere I usually put the bag by the front door. As soon as she sees us get the carkeys she jumps into the bag!
What a love.
Pam

Cathy Moon
28th December 2006, 01:27 PM
She's lovely! 11 biscuits from me :)

Lexie
29th December 2006, 02:49 AM
She is so cute. I gave her 11 biscuits. :flwr:

Cathy T
29th December 2006, 03:33 AM
She got 11 biscuits from us!! I loved your comments too!

Laura&Lia
29th December 2006, 08:39 AM
Oh my goooodnesss!!!!! Your Maddy is a cutie!!! I love her baby doll face!!!

Congrats Pam and Maddy!!! :rah: :mexwav: :jump:

Claire L
29th December 2006, 10:45 PM
Yep!! 11 biscuits from this house as well!!!
In Fact - I'd give Maddy my last Rolo; she's BEAUTIFUL :luv: :l*v: :lotsaluv:

:flwr:

*Pauline*
30th December 2006, 12:48 AM
She really is a very beautiful puppy. Lvely dark eyes :flwr: